WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through June 19, 2005 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=236768)
-   -   Ban Powder and Sun (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231549)

powderandsunban 05-31-2005 3:29 PM

POWDER AND SUN BAN…. I am entering this topic because powder and sun in Palmdale California screwed me. They quoted a price to me over the phone and when I arrived, they told me that they would no longer honor their price. They have a store in Palmdale and in Victorville. When I talked to the owner about this he basically told me to bad. I was a customer of theirs for a long time and now they are screwing me. Beware. They are overpriced and dishonest. A while ago, I bought a pair of snowboarding bindings from them and they broke the first time I went out. I called them and they said they would fix them for no cost and charged me when I went back. I should have learned back then but I gave them another change and they are screwing me again. Don’t go to these people. Stay away…..

wickedwake 05-31-2005 4:07 PM

Man...you must really hate them. You even have your email address named after your rage LOL.

xtremrider 05-31-2005 4:11 PM

Thanks for the advice, we just got a place in SVL, and this weekend i was bringing up some money for a wakesurfer and also new team binding, i would be getting my transcend there but they do not carry CWB. <BR> <BR> <BR>Sounds like i will need to find another dealer who is willing to back up there products and pricing. <BR> <BR>any one know of another wakeboard shop in victorville?

powderandsunban 05-31-2005 5:14 PM

I hate to do this to them but I hate it when people do things like this more than anything. Order online if you have to. Just don't give them any business.

leykis1o1 05-31-2005 8:34 PM

sometimes you have a jackass employee that quotes a bogus price or gives discounts to just everyone..maybe it was one of those situations?

thane_dogg 05-31-2005 9:36 PM

yo, maybe you should sack up and put your real name and info before you go bashing some shop. Right now you don't have any credibility.

jarrod 06-01-2005 5:18 AM

if you paid with a credit card send it back and dispute the charges with your credit card. It's easy and the consumer always wins.

fly135 06-01-2005 8:35 AM

I wouldn't place much weight on nebulous accusations like this. <BR> <BR>Did the owner tell you why they would quote a price and then when you drive to the store it's different? Did he confront the employee misquoting prices and resolve this? Were the bindings under warranty? Does he have a policy for handling warranty claims? Did he say why they would tell you over the phone that the repair was free, but change their tune when you showed up?

flux 06-01-2005 8:53 AM

That's pretty odd, that is my local shop and they have always been way fair with me. I have bought 2 snowboard and binding setups, and a wakeboard and bindings from them. Got reasonable deals on both. They have great end of the year sales, but as any shop will do, the prices are highest at the start of the season, but if you wait, you can get a great deal. <BR> <BR>My friend and I had three warrenty claims from Byerly bindings and an accurate handle that was shredding. They took care of all of it for us in a prompt manner, and one pair of bindings wasn't even bought at the store, but we buy other stuff there. <BR> <BR>I try to support my local shop when I can, but I won't get burned either. I do my research before I buy. I may take a digger on price knowing the service I will get from them is worth it. <BR> <BR>That sucks that you have bad experiences with them, mine have been just the opposite. I would suggest that you give up your name and some info about your overall dispute before bashing them though. Like more details about the products you were planning on purchasing or that broke. Who exactly helped you out, etc.