WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   LA Boat Show (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=786473)

wakebrdr94 03-18-2011 9:46 PM

LA Boat Show

So, after hearing all the negative things about some of the shows, I thought I would try to give a more positive feeling. First off, The show is not quite as big as it was several years ago, but it is definitely bigger than last year. We all know the sweet boats, as we all discuss them all the time. It's the vendors that were way cool. Not only the boat guys, but the guys at wakesports, skylon, boat bling, Ronix, LF, (too many to mention) but the whole gang. The guys from different booths were back and forth, hanging out, talking with everyone, making it a real good vibe from the riders stand point. Nothing like the, this is better than that, those guys suck, that negative vibe. Just talking with everyone was way cool. The Highlight for me was meeting Parks. I've met other riders through the years, but I was there with my 7 month old son, took pix, the whole deal. I can't say enough about how down to earth the guy is. Great to know that we all can get along:D

On the boat side, I did not see Correct Craft. Anyone know why they were not at the show??:confused:

And I didn't get to see the dude wrestle alligators :rolleyes:

rt360 03-19-2011 4:12 AM

Where's the pictures?It didn';t happen without pictures.;)

wakereviews 03-19-2011 6:20 AM

I posted some pics of the SoCal Edition MB F21 Tomcat that was done specifically for the LA Boat show. Pretty sick
http://www.onlyinboards.com/MemberAr...ery.aspx?ID=14

surffresh 03-19-2011 7:09 AM

Sweet !

wakebrdr94 03-19-2011 7:19 AM

Ill get some pix when I go back today. Yesterdays trip was for my sister and mom. They ended up buying a little bayliner, just something for them to leave at the river so they don't have to wait for me to get time off. Heaven knows they weren't going to take my boat!

helman 03-19-2011 12:03 PM

That F21 Tomcat Ian is referring to was sick! The B52 with the blue graphics- also very cool. Talked with Mike B a few minutes- a real nice guy. MB is really knocking out some nice product- very impressive. No CC or Supra-but SoCal loves its river runners- lots of High Perf. boats. Overall a better show than last year. Sad that it was virtually empty as I walked around yesterday- but I played hooky and got there as it opened.

Shooter 03-19-2011 12:06 PM

Regarding Nautique, California Correct Craft lost the dealer contract & I had heard the new dealer was not going to be there. Maybe they don't have any stock to show yet.

ixfe 03-19-2011 12:17 PM

That means Nautique was a no-show at both LA and PDX (2 years in a row). What's going on with them???

For the record, MB outsold Nautique in California last year. Just saying...

Shooter 03-19-2011 12:27 PM

I have been vocal about this...I'm a Nautique owner and very unhappy with cc's support in socal. No rep at the boat show is the least of my worries

wakereviews 03-20-2011 4:14 PM

anyone else get any pics? http://www.onlyinboards.com/Controls...ImageWidth=650

elc 03-20-2011 6:17 PM

I saw the boat but forgot my camera. Good lookin MB.

Shooter 03-20-2011 6:26 PM

Just got back. Very small show this year. The MB gets my vote for best in show.

OldDad 03-20-2011 7:02 PM

Here in Detroit we have two big boat shows. The Detroit show, downtown, has always been the biggest but for the past 5 years or so has been getting it's bu.. kicked by the Novi show, at least when it comes to ski boats. I was at the Novi show on Sat and both the Malibu and Nautique dealers seemed to be having very good shows. Sounds like Nautique is almost sold out for the year. Good to hear. I know I did my part :-)

gwnkids 03-21-2011 11:07 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Here are some
I dont know what Sanger is thinking with this one. Looks like someone bolting on a spoiler on a Porsche 914

Then the go fast guys have stepped it up 1350 HP on a twin turbo Merc.

And Spedos for everyone plus very nice finished engine compartments

elc 03-21-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwnkids (Post 1667127)
Here are some

Then the go fast guys have stepped it up 1350 HP on a twin turbo Merc.

That orange and black DCB was awesome!

hatepain 03-21-2011 11:38 AM

That MB is straight up sic! Thats as nice a boat as I have seen. Yeah man I'd strap that to the back of my truck.

PictureMeRollin 03-22-2011 11:45 AM

i think the little bench on the back of the sanger is a good idea!

wakereviews 03-22-2011 11:52 AM

3 Attachment(s)
these were my favorite pics from the link above. The illuminated logo on the throttle area, the backlit X graphic on the sides and the new logo carpet.

bill_airjunky 03-25-2011 4:57 PM

I worked the SkySki booth with Murphy & Sean this year in LA. The turnout for both customers & vendors was really disappointing. Thursday & Friday almost no one came. Saturday got a little busy. Sunday was almost a rain out.... for an indoor show!

We were right across the aisle from RJ & Wakesport. Parks & their booth were behind us. Nice guys, lots of fun to hang out with, even more fun after hours! And there was a lot of vendors hangin out together, because there was so few other people! It was so dead the 2 shops spent a lot of time shooting marshmellows back & forth at each other!

Saw the MB, man, some sweet gelcoat work on that boat. And the Sangers, loved the red, grey, & black v-drive. Tige was right nearby but the funky graphics didn't really do it for me. The DCBs were outrageous.... including the orange one with the suede interior!! But 170 mph in a boat sounded like a great time!

No Nautiques, Supras or Moombas at all. Total square footage looked like it might have been about the same as in Spokane..... a MUCH smaller market. Malibu had less boats than Spokane. Axis didn't have any personalities in LA but had Randy & Adam in Spokane. Made me wonder what was up. Hope the market picks up next year.

jacobs0222i 03-26-2011 5:49 PM

I went on Sunday. Everyone is pretty correct in the fact that there wasn't very many people there. I got suckered into buying some Driven boat polish. Anyone use it before?

Meeting Parks was very cool. I thought it was kind of funny watching him sell stuff to people that didn't know who he was. They probably got some pretty good feedback from him on the products though.

Does anyone know what kind of LED's were in that Socal Tomcat? The red ones down by the floor. thanks.