WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Looking for some help finding a new board (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795866)

SS_Hooke102 10-09-2012 8:48 PM

Looking for some help finding a new board

Hey guys/gals, my board broke this season which means it's time to find a new one. With the '13 gear releasing I think it is about time to pull the trigger :D. I'm looking for some help deciding what board to buy. I am strictly a boat rider, i guess i'd be what you consider an intermediate rider (scarecrows, tantrums, 3's, 1's) 90% wake to wake rider with a little of flats riding, really looking to push it next season.... So i'm looking for something that is going to boost me (isn't every one?) lol, preferably no flex. I don't have any board preferences so the floor is wide open. I ride primarily behind a '10 x-star if that makes any difference. Thanks so much for the help!

King12 10-10-2012 7:48 AM

I think you should go to a store and see what makes your heart jump. If you can test ride boards even better. Personally, of non flex boards, first thing I would think about are a new one timebomb, 2013 parks, or a 2013 bob. Its all about what you want man, but those are some id love.

SS_Hooke102 10-10-2012 8:57 AM

Joel, have you had an opportunity to ride the new one timebomb? I heard they sped it up which would be ideal for me due to the width of the wake that I ride. I also have heard that the code 22, mana and parks are all sick... Really like the idea of the marek.... also the lyman.... ridden the new harley, not a huge fan.. I just don't know! lol

King12 10-10-2012 9:59 AM

Sadly I have not, I have heard that as well, it seems the code 22 is kind of a speedier version of a mana with really good pop. I personally think that in person the parks looks beyond sick with the orange frank bindings. I went to Overtons a few weeks ago and almost took out a loan when I walked up on the 2013 ronix line up, they are incredible in person. Had I not just bought a new Hyperlite, I would have left there with a brand new timebomb with matching boots. But I really doubt you could go wrong with the choices youre considering.

King12 10-10-2012 10:07 AM

Also, the Marek does look really nice, I havent read much about it but it definitely looks good so theyve got that down. Hyperlite claims good pop and a fast board so it seems to meet your criteria. Youre considering the Lyman? I thought ou didnt want a flex board?

SS_Hooke102 10-10-2012 1:27 PM

supposedly it is super stiff. that's whsat i've been told anyway.

10-10-2012 2:18 PM

I Own the 12' parks, one. and a LF Harley. To me, the Harley feels like it gives the most pop and softest landing but is super loose compared to the other two. My Parks Is the most stable. I fell the One is right between the two.

King12 10-10-2012 5:36 PM

Jordan is your one a timebomb, modello or atr?

King12 10-10-2012 5:37 PM

also, that is a sick boat quiver, jealous over here

DatTexasBoy 10-10-2012 6:05 PM

I would look into the HL Marek for sure. It should fit right in what you want.

SS_Hooke102 10-10-2012 9:26 PM

Thanks guys! I will get in contact with some of our local reps and see if I can't check some stuff out! The only thing is i've only ridden aggressive three stage boards whereas the marek is a continuous. What differences will be evident in continuous and three stage. I ride an '09 Ronix One right now for specific comparison if that helps.

King12 10-10-2012 9:43 PM

http://www.marine-products.com/blog/...ok-at-rockers/
decent view at basic continuos vs 3 stage. that marek is apparently an abrupt continuous, which will probably be a good combo for you
"The Abrupt Continuous rocker line produces great pop off the wake while allowing the board to maintain the quick feel it has been famous for."
sounds like what youre looking for.

10-10-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King12 (Post 1788960)
Jordan is your one a timebomb, modello or atr?

Its the modello. They are my bro and I boards, we just happen to be the same size for everything so we just switch boards around when want. Pretty good deal.

stephan 10-11-2012 7:53 AM

For '13 I've only ridden the new Hyperlite and Byerly line. If you want really poppy you should check out the JD board, its got a fairly aggressive 3 stage and boots you very well. I thought it would have more flex but it is a pretty traditional board. The other surprise was the AR1. Rathy's board is a continuous but get its pop from carrying the width throughout the profile. It is fast, lands soft and is the thinnest board in the whole line. I didn't try the Marek as I've never liked them in the past and prefer a more forgiving ride.

Delt725 10-11-2012 9:23 AM

I moved from a Marek to One Timebomb this year and am beyond impressed with the new One shape. It is faster than the old, to me has the right amount of everything ( smooth, stable, consistent pop). Also the Timebomb core is a little less than last year

skiboarder 10-11-2012 9:49 AM

I terribly disliked the old one boards and reluctantly tried the new shape this year. I was absolutely blown away at the vast improvement in rideability. The new one solves my two dislikes for the original shape--It is considerably faster and far more forgiving. Also, just because all of the marketing for this board says wake-to-wake doesn't mean that you can't air it out on this thing. I've been in this game since the mid 90s and I'm not afraid of an occasional white-knuckle raley or S-Bend. The Time-bomb can hang.

I ride the TimeBomb 138 with .6 inch fins (5-9 160lbs). I know several advanced riders in my area on this shape and they all ride the 1" stock fins.