WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through November 29, 2007 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=524335)
-   -   Predictable Pop (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512688)

hawk7 10-19-2007 6:27 PM

What exactly does that mean, when a lot of people are asked for qualities of a board they say that quite often, but would predictability of pop come from expirience of riding a board, or the water conditions?

cwaker4 10-19-2007 8:34 PM

when ive encountered this term ive found its kind of the same as consistent pop. when a board gives you the same pop everytime you hit the wake, its easy to predict how you will pop. for example i own the shane but i think the pop is inconsistent, sometimes i will get a huge buck, other times not so much. but i also own the watson which pops almost exactly the same every time i hit the wake. so its predictable consistent pop. just my 2 cents.

robertr720 10-20-2007 7:44 AM

seems to me that you will hear that term more when someone is talking about a contiuous rocker board. A predictable pop to me is when you know what the board is going to pop like everytime you hit the wake and I would have to say that most boards you will be able to predict the pop after you have been riding that board for awhile. You definatly get way more predictable pop on smooth water than you do on chop because the shape of your wake is constantly changing as you ride.A consistant pop in my eyes is more of if the board still pops the same if you are coming in a little fast or slow or front or back foot heavy and you still receive the same boot for the most part. Just my opinion though.

slowjet 10-20-2007 5:46 PM

I may not have the experience needed to answer your question, but I'll throw my two cents in. I ride the 06' Omega with continuous rocker and it pops the same for me each time I hit the wake. My brother rides the 07 Pure with the three stage. When I ride his board I sometimes get great pop and sometimes umm not so much. This has been my first year to ride more than a couple of times, so like I said I probably don't have the experience to give an accurate answer. JMO

dakid 10-20-2007 5:50 PM

pop is predictable if the rider's skill is predictable. <BR> <BR>pop is consistent if the rider's skill is consistent.

slowjet 10-20-2007 5:56 PM

Joe that's probably more it than anything else. I'm probably just more consistent on my board because I'm used to it.

hawk7 10-20-2007 7:09 PM

then i will make a bold statement and say the ronix one is the most consistent board ive ever ridden. pops the same everytime front foot heavy, back foot heavy, second time out i knew how i was gonna pop h/s, t/s, s/w t/s, s/w h/s, <BR>but now i'm even more confused, because the only i could ever guess to be inconsistent would be a flex board, not a shot at the roam/covenant slingshot/lf thing, but your board is solid material, never changeing unless damaged or very worn, so i guess my true question is what would make a board inconsistant? if there truley is no reason, than inconsistant pop is just an excuse isnt it?

dakid 10-20-2007 7:13 PM

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1><b>quote:</b></font><p>what would make a board inconsistant?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote> <BR> <BR>rider's inconsistent skills