WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ONTARIO Riders Poll [cable] (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792187)

glwake 03-09-2012 8:47 AM

ONTARIO Riders Poll [cable]

Great Lake Wake is pushing hard to bring a full size cable to Ontario. Every week we find more people who want to join the movement.

We are getting close to finding a site, but we wanted to know if people who live in or near Ontario want a clockwise cable (heelside turns for regular riders) or counter-clockwise cable (standard direction, heelside for Goofy riders).

Please share you comments and vote in our poll.

This IS happening!

alevitt 03-09-2012 9:16 AM

Who cares, just get this thing up and running ASAP.

MUNS 03-09-2012 11:17 AM

Where aboots are you looking in Ontario?

delmage171 03-09-2012 2:35 PM

I say who cares too! Be awesome to have a full size cable though!

Which area?

benjaminp 03-09-2012 3:04 PM

Im willing to bet every regular rider will vote clockwise and every goofy rider will vote the opposite, so this^. Especially what Adam said.

TheHebrewHammer 03-09-2012 3:12 PM

I'm a regular rider but I'd vote counter just to get in some practice riding switch!

mnorris 03-09-2012 3:15 PM

I would have to agree with Levitt, either way it turns is good with me, just get it in Ontario!! what area are you thinking?

mnorris 03-09-2012 3:17 PM

Summerski Lake where the Ranch straightline is would be unreal if that could ever happen lol...though I dont think it ever will

k9fxr 03-09-2012 6:15 PM

Hey Great Lake, I may be missing it, but counter clockwise (as OWC) make turns for reg riders on HS.
Am I thinking about this wrong??

glwake 03-09-2012 8:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finding a location is the hardest part. We are looking at small ponds/lakes in and around Toronto, but the Niagara Falls area has potential with cheaper land and lots of tourism. Summerski Lake is too big and would require very long docks, which are expensive to build and maintain. We have talked to the lease-holder of that property and he agrees it will not work.

The picture below shows a lake that is almost perfect in shape and size located at 23000 McCowan road in Georgina, ON. The red lines would be System 2's and the yellow lines would be docks. The lake is owned by La Rue Construction and we are waiting for permission to visit the site.

Great Lake Wake is an open source initiative so we share our information in hopes that it will lead to a six tower cable in Ontario. It doesn't matter to us who builds the cable. Everyone involved just wants this done pronto. Until some one else takes action, Great Lake Wake will fight to bring a full size cable to Ontario.

Click here to see other locations we have considered so far.

benjaminp 03-10-2012 7:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9fxr (Post 1736532)
Hey Great Lake, I may be missing it, but counter clockwise (as OWC) make turns for reg riders on HS.
Am I thinking about this wrong??

Technically you are right, reg riders end up doing the turn on their heels. What Great Lake means is on a counterclockwise cable, reg riders have to initiate the turn on their toeside, which is a little less comfortable. Awkward wording, its tough to get out right, but the gits of it is that reg riders have an easier time with clockwise cables.