WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through September 22, 2008 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=630180)
-   -   Broke my foot, binding problem? What new bindings? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=622553)

vlx4me 09-04-2008 3:36 PM

Well I bought the 07 watsons and loved how comfy they were. Only problem is that I have had 2 pretty serious foot injuries since I have ridden them. The second required surgery and has me on crutches for about 8-10 weeks. Although they are amazingly comfortable I feel like my foot is coming out slightly. I have them cranked as tight as I can get them and even bought a size down from what I normally wear. The lower foot area feels good and snug but the upper binding seems (might be in my head now that I am paranoid)allowing my foot to lift slightly which I think is causing the problem. Picture the middle of your foot(where there is a bone slightly sticking up, on top of your foot) basically getting bent, toes towards your ankle. One of the worst pains I have felt. Both times were landing slightly on my toe edge, therefore causing my foot to bend. Anyway wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations. <BR>Also what closed toe binding has the best support. To me the best I have ridden were the LF Transits but I really like the closed toe and how comfortable the Watsons are. Thanks

stephan 09-04-2008 3:44 PM

CWB's Hinge was God's gift to wakeboarders that want to eliminate heel lift. The way the boot opens and then pulls the heel piece into your heel practically eliminates all movement. Check out the Zeus, they are stiff, wrap tall and keep your foot anchored down securely.

vlx4me 09-04-2008 4:30 PM

Thanks Heavy I will check them out.

sidekicknicholas 09-04-2008 4:57 PM

Slightshot D2 -- the inner liner makes it super easy to get it and locks it down.... the inner lace keeps your ankle snug then there are two more sets of laces that keep you locked down. <BR> <BR>the heat molding helps too, its very snug. <BR>and they're super light

mcclure_kevo 09-05-2008 7:24 AM

ronix ones are the way to go i have the 08 zeuses and the 08 ones and the ones are way more comfortable then the zeuses and they kinda suction your foot in so you dont move much

jarrod 09-05-2008 7:32 AM

CWB Hinge.

toesideturtle 09-05-2008 8:29 AM

Due to your injury, make sure you go with a binding that is not too high on your ankle--CWB Faction is good. I am currently injured--both feet, three weeks apart, very similar to your injury. The physical therapist stated that a tight, high-ankle binding has less movement and will transfer the energy to the weakest point in the binding(top of foot) or worse, to your knee. Women tend to have weaker acl's that's why you see their bindings are lower. I've always liked a super tight binding, but have since reconsidered. I agree, the CWB hinge bindings are great for ease of entry/exit.

vlx4me 09-05-2008 8:40 AM

Thanks again for all the recommendations. I will give some of these a try, I just need something that will hold my foot down flat! Good info Chuck, I will keep that in mind! Thanks again guys

steezyshots 09-05-2008 9:28 AM

Take a look at the 09 Byerly's if you can wait a month. I would also think the CWB Hinges would be good for what you are describing.