WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   NFL Smack Talking Thread 2013! (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797260)

ttrigo 12-05-2013 8:51 PM

Like i said a couple years back. The cowboys shoulda cut romo, and gotten Peyton Manning. What a difference he could been for this team. Romo will never win a sb ring. It pains me to say it, since I used to defend him back in the day. Heck, I was at his first training camp watching him and Bledsoe trade snaps with the first team and I thought then that romo would be the one to lead them back to superiority. His lack of leadership, and his inability to read defenses or scramble properly will have cost the cowboys much more than that ridiculous extension they gave him.
As someone who has been a cowboys fan my entire life (with the exception of the years when JJ signed pacman and tank) it pains me to say that Russell Wilson is superior to tony romo already. His ability to read the defense, scramble effectively and use that as a weapon, his leadership traits, and his cannon puts him ahead of romo. He's smarter than romo, and he's clearly grown in his second year mentally. I'm not betting against seattle this year.

Until JJ steps down as "GM", the cowboys will go nowhere.

cwb4me 12-06-2013 2:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttrigo (Post 1854847)
Like i said a couple years back. The cowboys shoulda cut romo, and gotten Peyton Manning. What a difference he could been for this team. Romo will never win a sb ring. It pains me to say it, since I used to defend him back in the day. Heck, I was at his first training camp watching him and Bledsoe trade snaps with the first team and I thought then that romo would be the one to lead them back to superiority. His lack of leadership, and his inability to read defenses or scramble properly will have cost the cowboys much more than that ridiculous extension they gave him.
As someone who has been a cowboys fan my entire life (with the exception of the years when JJ signed pacman and tank) it pains me to say that Russell Wilson is superior to tony romo already. His ability to read the defense, scramble effectively and use that as a weapon, his leadership traits, and his cannon puts him ahead of romo. He's smarter than romo, and he's clearly grown in his second year mentally. I'm not betting against seattle this year.

Until JJ steps down as "GM", the cowboys will go nowhere.

So you're a fair weather fan.;) The Cowboy nation doesn't need you. Move on .:eek:

cwb4me 12-06-2013 2:46 AM

Comparing Russell Wilson to Peyton Manning for MVP is ridiculous .
Manning 68.1% comp. 4124 yards 343 ypg 8.6 ypcomp. 41 TD's 54 20+ comp. 12 40+ comp.
R. Wilson 64.9% comp 2672 yards 222 ypg 8.8 ypcomp 22TD's 41 20+ comp. 9 40+ comp.
Not even close. Besides at least a dozen QB's could have matched or surpassed Wilson's stats and wins in Seattle this year and last year. I'm not saying Wilson doesn't have talent. I'm saying he isn't as good as the dope you're smoking!

hatepain 12-06-2013 5:04 AM

Or everyone else is smoking. I don't think RW Well beat Manning this year unless he has a marked drop off but I said this last year, he will win one in his first five years.

You obviously don't watch Seattle's games because if you did you'd know just how asanine your statement is. There isn't many QB's playing that would have survived the depleted line days of most of this year let alone thrived in them.

wakereviews 12-06-2013 8:18 AM

Well, i'm 0-1 after the first game, maybe i should make this "picking the winners" thing on WW a one time deal.

ttrigo 12-06-2013 8:51 AM

Yeah, cuz fair weather fans stick with the same team for 30+ years. I basically didn't watch the cowboys for 2 years after the pacman and tank johnson signings. I didn't give up on them entirely, but I was over the "we can save this criminal" signings.
You need to live in reality Robert. I would love nothing more than to see Romo lift the Lombardi trophy in Eli's house, but that just ain't happening.

Russell is the real deal. Everyone in the nfl knows it, the talking heads know it. It seems as if you're the only one who doesn't.

digg311 12-06-2013 10:41 AM

The MVP is pretty much a "best stats" award... and as such, Manning will take it easily. He's maybe the best QB to ever play the game and is maybe having his best season ever. Still though, I'm tired of hearing how he's doing it alone. That team is good. Don't forget, it was pretty much the same squad that won a playoff game with TEBOW at the helm.

If the MVP were TRULY for the Most Valuable Player... It would be a much, much closer race. I don't think there is a single other QB in the league that could have gotten the Seahawks to 11-1 this season. Not with all their injuries. No way. In Russell WeTrust.

diamonddad 12-06-2013 11:05 AM

Wilson as the season's MVP. Worth the mention but nothing more. MVP of the superbowl is far more likely. That kid is golden. And, no thug like the rest of them.

83Starsnstripes 12-06-2013 11:27 AM

1-0 so far. Jags end Kubiaks career.

Looks like SF has a fully healthy team for this Sunday. No excuses this time, but I'm sure they will make some up. Maybe the 12th man will be too loud in Candledump!!!! GO HAWKS!!!!

supersonicmi 12-06-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamonddad (Post 1854921)
Wilson as the season's MVP. Worth the mention but nothing more. MVP of the superbowl is far more likely. That kid is golden. And, no thug like the rest of them.

Agree, on the first few points but you should know that they aren't all thugs, just a few bad apples in the bunch which have pretty much weeded themselves out at this point. Marshawn gets a bad wrap for his looks etc... but met him a few times, he is a real cool dude. Same with Sherman, don't let the smack talking fool you, never met him but know people who have, guy is super smart and a real nice and guy!

diamonddad 12-06-2013 3:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Its interesting that RW had poor showing vs the 49ers in their big win...

cwb4me 12-06-2013 7:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digg311 (Post 1854919)
The MVP is pretty much a "best stats" award... and as such, Manning will take it easily. He's maybe the best QB to ever play the game and is maybe having his best season ever. Still though, I'm tired of hearing how he's doing it alone. That team is good. Don't forget, it was pretty much the same squad that won a playoff game with TEBOW at the helm.

If the MVP were TRULY for the Most Valuable Player... It would be a much, much closer race. I don't think there is a single other QB in the league that could have gotten the Seahawks to 11-1 this season. Not with all their injuries. No way. In Russell WeTrust.

Denver has the 27th ranked Defense and Seattle has the #1 overall defense. Tell me again how much help Manning is getting from the rest of his team.:rolleyes:

cwb4me 12-06-2013 7:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttrigo (Post 1854902)
Yeah, cuz fair weather fans stick with the same team for 30+ years. I basically didn't watch the cowboys for 2 years after the pacman and tank johnson signings. I didn't give up on them entirely, but I was over the "we can save this criminal" signings.
You need to live in reality Robert. I would love nothing more than to see Romo lift the Lombardi trophy in Eli's house, but that just ain't happening.

Russell is the real deal. Everyone in the nfl knows it, the talking heads know it. It seems as if you're the only one who doesn't.

So you think Russell Wilson could have caught all the dropped passes.Helped out on defense to get the stops the Cowboys defense couldn't get. Also score more points against the Saints in that debacle. You must be smoking the same dope as the Seattle fans. Teams wins games,if Russell Wilson was all that he would be ranked higher in yardage than 17th. Sure he's having success managing his team,but he's not setting passing records,much less rushing records like all of the smack talkers are saying.

hatepain 12-06-2013 10:23 PM

You live life like its fantasy football. What a joke!

seattle 12-07-2013 4:13 PM

PIcs for this week.

St Louis @ Arizona - Arizona

Seattle @ San Francisco - Seattle

Because NO is still in the hunt for home field advantage I'll be looking for Carolina to beat a win out them at home.

12-07-2013 4:19 PM

http://i.imgur.com/kQLcRiE.jpg

cwb4me 12-08-2013 4:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperbet (Post 1855006)

A broken Vacuum is like a empty trophy case. All you need is a Cowboy to fill it up.:D

markj 12-08-2013 4:26 PM

At the two minute warning... Hawks are on the ropes......

markj 12-08-2013 4:27 PM

Nail biter.

markj 12-08-2013 4:38 PM

How bout them Hawks? Hahahahahahahahahaha! Enjoy that humble pie!

markj 12-08-2013 4:43 PM

For the record, I did fly up to watch them tear apart The Saints on Monday night. I think they're gonna take the SB but it's nice to see them trimmed down a notch. What I'm really hoping for is for their fans to learn from this exercise in humility. It needed to happen. Too many $hit talkin arrogant fans who don't know how to act while on a winning streak. It's like new money versus old money people.

diamonddad 12-08-2013 4:47 PM

Niners over Hawks! Loving it!

deuce 12-08-2013 5:15 PM

Tough game for Peyton, you know cold weather and all...

cwb4me 12-08-2013 5:17 PM

MVP Russell "CHOKE" Wilson. He looked much better than Peyton Manning if you're smoking a big joint from Seattle. You could also try the Seahawk Kool Aid it will make you see a awesome MVP. Most Vulnerable Punk! Lol

digg311 12-08-2013 6:56 PM

Ugly game. SF treated it like their SB, and had the better day. I hope it is a little humbling to the Hawks. Just like the L to the Colts... should remind them to stay hungry. And thankfully, doesn't change much in their race for the NFC West. (or the NFC for that matter).

Go Hawks.

ttrigo 12-08-2013 8:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deuce (Post 1855076)
Tough game for Peyton, you know cold weather and all...

No kidding, right. Damn.
Niners and hawks will probably be trading games like that for the next few years.
Lots of interesting games happened today.

seattle 12-09-2013 6:28 AM

Penalties and Gore's break out run at the end of the game cost us. San Fran was playing for their playoff lives and it showed. The difference between the two teams though... Seattle will take this loss to heart , win out and finish the season 14-2 locking down home field advantage. San Fran will more than likely drop at least one more game thus having to crawl up out of the wild card gutter with little hope of making it to the big game. ;)

cwb4me 12-09-2013 6:50 AM

Dream on Cliff.

wakereviews 12-09-2013 7:33 AM

10-4 on my picks so far, not too bad, but not great.

ord27 12-09-2013 7:47 AM

Is anyone else tired of the refs going easy on New England. that was some B.S. yesterday

seattle 12-09-2013 7:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwb4me (Post 1855103)
Dream on Cliff.

My dream would be to see either Dallas or San Fran come into our house for the NFC Championship. Doubtful either one of them will make it that far though. :rolleyes:

83Starsnstripes 12-09-2013 8:42 AM

Great games yesterday. Pats are getting some lucky/questionable breaks right now.

I thought the 49ers were going to give Harbaugh a Gatorade bath yesterday, what a joke. Of course I wanted the Hawks to win but it's nice that the 49ers made this rivalry relevant. I was getting tired of the blowouts.
As for Manning in the cold, uh it's the Titans at home with Fitzpatrick. Tebow could have won that game.

hatepain 12-09-2013 9:03 AM

I pretty much hate any loss but this was an okay one. Miners are good no doubt and it was in their house. We lost by all of 2 points and I'd rather get it out if the way before the playoffs and in the end it has no effect on the ultimate goal.

I will say I'm sick of the tricky tack fouls and the way the league is headed with them. Its football for crying out loud. I swear some of these officiating crews like to see themselves on TV.

Dallas loses tonight ;)

seattle 12-09-2013 9:46 AM

The commercial was great. I loved how they made Hawk fans out to be psychotic zombie fans screaming at Kap as he got off the bus.:D

83Starsnstripes 12-09-2013 10:21 AM

^^^I was dying when I saw that add. Kap had definitely "silenced the haters" in Seattle. We love when he plays at CLink.

diamonddad 12-09-2013 12:19 PM

Referee favoritism toward Seattle has been obvious all year. It favors Seattle at home and favors Seattle in the playoffs where referees tend to "let it go". Most teams play the game per the rules. Seattle plays the referees -- they assume that only overt fouls will be called if they commit lesser fouls every play.

83Starsnstripes 12-09-2013 12:49 PM

^^^What "lesser fouls" are you talking about? Are you talking about how physical the DBs are? I really hope not. If you don't like physical DBs maybe you should watch the NBA or Soccer. Every team in the NFL wishes they had corners like Sherman and company. The ability for our DBs to play man to man most of the game gives the Hawks a huge advantage. And it shows. 11-2.

diamonddad 12-09-2013 1:47 PM

The Seattle DBs tug and poke and pull on WRs after 5 yards. It's obviously a coached thing betting on the fact that the referees will turn a blind eye to it since it is happening on every play. Meanwhile, most other teams are not doing this so they routinely get flagged on plays that would bring a flag for Seattle on every play. Sherman is a prick.

supersonicmi 12-09-2013 2:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamonddad (Post 1855164)
The Seattle DBs tug and poke and pull on WRs after 5 yards. It's obviously a coached thing betting on the fact that the referees will turn a blind eye to it since it is happening on every play. Meanwhile, most other teams are not doing this so they routinely get flagged on plays that would bring a flag for Seattle on every play. Sherman is a prick.

This is the typical type of comment of a scorned and upset opposing fan! Lol

supersonicmi 12-09-2013 2:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamonddad (Post 1855158)
Referee favoritism toward Seattle has been obvious all year. It favors Seattle at home and favors Seattle in the playoffs where referees tend to "let it go". Most teams play the game per the rules. Seattle plays the referees -- they assume that only overt fouls will be called if they commit lesser fouls every play.

When have the refs ever showed favoritism for Seattle? Like Superbowl 40 right? What, next you are going to tell me that the noise from the 12th man is unfair too right?

83Starsnstripes 12-09-2013 2:16 PM

"Sherman is a prick." Talk about a sore winner. Why is he a prick exactly? Because he's the best DB in the league, he gives back to his community, he's never been in trouble with the law, he backs up all his trash talk?

diamonddad 12-09-2013 2:28 PM

The 12th man is the engineering team that designed your stadium to reflect noise -- I applaud the folks who made this happen.

12-09-2013 3:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supersonicmi (Post 1855168)
When have the refs ever showed favoritism for Seattle?

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seaha...Tate-catch.jpg

hatepain 12-09-2013 4:26 PM

Referee favoritism? WTF seriously!? They get targeted because of their known tough plays. Its just something the Hawks manage to overcome. They get flagged plenty just look at the stats hell GD you could call a penalty on virtually every play in the NFL. Sherman's a stud on and off the field.

For the record I'm not blaming the loss yesterday on flags. We had overcome that. We lost because of Gores big play and to be honest our best players didn't play their best and you simply can't have that on the road against a good team.

hatepain 12-09-2013 4:30 PM

Yeah its a fact those replacement refs favored the Seahawks....please!

PS when you watch that catch from the back of the end zone you get a very different look and might wind up with a different opinion. At any rate that was over a year ago now and has 0 bearing on this year.

supersonicmi 12-09-2013 4:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatepain (Post 1855182)
Yeah its a fact those replacement refs favored the Seahawks....please!

PS when you watch that catch from the back of the end zone you get a very different look and might wind up with a different opinion. At any rate that was over a year ago now and has 0 bearing on this year.

the pic above clearly shows Tate with 2 arms and hands wrapped around the ball... Besides who even cares about that play, there were so many bad calls in that game, if it weren't for a few horrific calls, including a mystery PI call on 3rd and long which gave a first down, the pack wouldn't even have been in that game, so that call is a mute point!!!!!! Furthermore I would trade that play for the atrocities from Superbowl 40 any day!!!!!!! (yeah the refs came out and admitted it later and apologized to the Seahawks).. so with all that in mind I'm still not seeing the favoritism, sure do we get a call every once and a while, yeah everyone does, but then again every blind squirrel finds a nut everyone once and a while too, so calling it "seahawks favoritism" is an outright joke.

diamonddad 12-09-2013 5:12 PM

Sherman is sounding off saying they lost because of bad calls. Meanwhile, Boldin owned him even with his illegal play. Did you see that catch from AB while being assaulted by Shermangal?

wake77 12-09-2013 5:20 PM

Jon, give it up already. The only people that thought that was a Seattle TD are Seattle fans (and I hate GB much more than I hate Seattle), it was a terrible call.

And Darren, Suh donated a ton of money to Nebraska, I guess that makes him a good guy?

cwb4me 12-09-2013 5:51 PM

You Seattle fans whine more than Sherman. Man up and get ready to lose again. Empty Trophy Case Syndrome.

hatepain 12-09-2013 6:28 PM

Lee just got leveled exactly like he did by Tate last year but no flag this time...more Seattle favoritism by the Refs.

Its BS to say that Sherman was complaining about the calls. He said"We didn't project it to be this way," Sherman said, according to the 49ers' official website. "We expected to blow them out, but they got the benefit of a few calls tonight throughout the game and that helps you, especially on third down. We will see them again, and it will be a different result."

The media ran with that and somehow seceded he was blaming the refs. He didn't say they were bad calls or shouldn't have been flagged. The Niners did benefit from some calls in key spots that helped. The Hawks did too on that Bowen call big deal.

hatepain 12-09-2013 6:30 PM

Robert, you clearly have empty trouser syndrome to go along with your empty head syndrome. No one here is whining.

cwb4me 12-09-2013 6:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatepain (Post 1855196)
Robert, you clearly have empty trouser syndrome to go along with your empty head syndrome. No one here is whining.

Okay you are making excuses like 5 year olds.:D

hatepain 12-09-2013 7:28 PM

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hip...2018_33_08.gif

seattle 12-09-2013 8:35 PM

And Dallas gets shellacked!

Can ya hear that Bobby... It's the sound of their playoff hopes slowly slipping away...

Pad1Tai 12-09-2013 8:38 PM

Romo puts the numbers up but just plain ole sucks at winning....

hatepain 12-09-2013 9:48 PM

Romo threw for all of 104 yards tonight. He must have looked at the calendar and saw it was December. He obviously sucks.

markj 12-09-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seattle (Post 1855131)
The commercial was great. I loved how they made Hawk fans out to be psychotic zombie fans screaming at Kap as he got off the bus.:D

That commercial was a very accurate depiction of Seattle fans. Bunch of entitled haters. I was there monday night and saw it in person against the Saints. This forum and especially the Seattle media crack me up. Must be the only good thing going on in Seattle. They do have some pretty good restaurants though. I'm waiting for the highlight film coverage of Seattle fans foaming at the mouth. I have an eternal collection of metaphors for their behavior but I'll stop.

markj 12-09-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamonddad (Post 1855158)

I couldn't agree more. Seattle fans are so hungry for that elusive SB win that they don't care about anything but that. In their minds the ends justify the means. Even if it means cheating and also having that BS stadium which was acoustically designed by Microsoft to be the loudest stadium in the world. It's quite the spectacle. I think every NFL fan should see at least one game there. Bring your ear plugs.

supersonicmi 12-09-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markj (Post 1855214)
That commercial was a very accurate depiction of Seattle fans. Bunch of entitled haters. I was there monday night and saw it in person against the Saints. This forum and especially the Seattle media crack me up. Must be the only good thing going on in Seattle. They do have some pretty good restaurants though. I'm waiting for the highlight film coverage of Seattle fans foaming at the mouth. I have an eternal collection of metaphors for their behavior but I'll stop.

That makes no damn sense! 1st of all, our team is better than yours which inherently means we are not in the role of being "haters". Haters hate out of jealousy, which I am seeing a lot of on this thread. Second I can tell you Seattle fans only hate one team, its the one with D-bag of a coach and a wannabe for a quarterback!

supersonicmi 12-09-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake77 (Post 1855188)
Jon, give it up already. The only people that thought that was a Seattle TD are Seattle fans (and I hate GB much more than I hate Seattle), it was a terrible call.

And Darren, Suh donated a ton of money to Nebraska, I guess that makes him a good guy?

Haha... ok, maybe. I'm not saying who caught it first/more... I'm just saying if it weren't for bad calls the pack would have never had a chance to win that game anyway so it is what it is in the end.

diamonddad 12-10-2013 3:06 AM

If Seattle's D was not allowed to HOLD after 5 yards per the rules, I wonder if they would be any good at all?

diamonddad 12-10-2013 3:19 AM

Boldin's 27 yard catch while being held 4 times over by Sherman (the grabber)...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...-27-yard-catch

cwb4me 12-10-2013 3:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seattle (Post 1855206)
And Dallas gets shellacked!

Can ya hear that Bobby... It's the sound of their playoff hopes slowly slipping away...

I watched the whole game. Romo didn't choke like your boy Wilson.:eek:Romo has the WORST DEFENSE in the league. Now put your boy Wilson in the same shoes No Defense,No coaching,Poor predictable play calling and watch him be a whipping boy. Wilson sucked against the 49ers who Romo has beaten even though he's not nearly as familiar with them. It was a come from behind win in the 4th quarter.:eek: In San Francisco! I have to agree the Seattle fans are the most obnoxious fans in the NFL. They act like a bunch of frustrated impotent men that are in a nudist colony full of beautiful women wanting to have children.:eek: Their players are drug addicts ,cheaters,whiners and sore losers.No i'm not talking about the Seattle fans,i'm talking about their players.:p

cwb4me 12-10-2013 3:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamonddad (Post 1855219)
If Seattle's D was not allowed to HOLD after 5 yards per the rules, I wonder if they would be any good at all?

I couldn't agree more. The refs have been conditioned to look away from the grabbing and pulling of jerseys and the late hits. :rolleyes:They also get away with a lot of illegal hits and offensive line holding. There is virtually a penalty on every single play of any Seattle game.:eek: That being said,they still got OWNED by the 49ers Game winning drive.;)The 49ers ate up the clock and made Seattle use their timeouts.Then MVP candidate Russell Wilson CHOKED on national TV.:eek::D:D:D

cwb4me 12-10-2013 3:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamonddad (Post 1855220)
Boldin's 27 yard catch while being held 4 times over by Sherman (the grabber)...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...-27-yard-catch

Boldin is a beast. He OWNED Sherman all night. Even though Sherman wasn't flagged for half the holds and interference calls he should have been called for.;)

seattle 12-10-2013 6:01 AM

Bobby,

Seattle wasn't the spotlight team this week, Dallas was...

You must have mistaken me for one who is steeped in the Romo / Wilson debate. I look at overall performance of a team. Your boys got spanked by a half ass team with no ability to stop the run whatsoever. Any coach on the planet would have stuck with the run last night. What does Dallas do...? they throw the ball???:eek:

One more loss and Dallas most likely misses out on post season all together. Sad for both of us because I would love to see the Boys make it far enough to come into our house and get it handed to them. :(

hatepain 12-10-2013 6:44 AM

Romo plays like that and you say Wilson choked!? You're delusional to the point of concern. He completed 55% of his passes and threw for just over 100 yards!!! That's your very own measuring stick. You can't go back on it now buddy. Face it they lost cuz he sucked!

hatepain 12-10-2013 6:52 AM

We've got the refs in our pockets, Microsoft (a software/hardware designer) designing us special stadiums, super duper special drugs that even the government doesn't know about (also probably designed by Microsoft) and rabid fans. Spoken like true haters.

Hey Bobby you ever thought about actually prepping YOUR team on here. All you know how to do is hate on the Hawks. You've probably been like that your whole life right?

buffalow 12-10-2013 7:18 AM

Trifecta for me last night - I win my $500 wager, Dez Bryant fails to put up the necessary point so I win my fantasy game (especially since Jeffries had more fantasy points), and I got to watch Romo crumble as usual. It started with a Chicago being favored by 2.0 and than the public (as always) driving the line down to zero and ending up with 83% on Dallas. Throw in the fact that it was cold and Romo is unsuccessful in December, and you got the makings of an easy Chicago win. I just love when he goes 3 and out and than goes back and yells at his team on the sidelines, makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I will not bother comparing him with any other quarterback,. Sure his stats are in top 10 after every year, but stats mean nothing if you cant win or lead your team.

As I said before though, Romo wins the game here. He is a good looking dude, he is healthy, he constantly dates super models, gets paid one of the highest in his job and like a weather man, never has to be right. Thats a winner winner chicken dinner.

cwb4me 12-10-2013 8:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatepain (Post 1855234)
Romo plays like that and you say Wilson choked!? You're delusional to the point of concern. He completed 55% of his passes and threw for just over 100 yards!!! That's your very own measuring stick. You can't go back on it now buddy. Face it they lost cuz he sucked!

His defense kept him within 2 points of the win. All he has to do is get a FG. Instead he throws up a ill advised pass that was intercepted. CHOKE in crunch time.I was comparing Wilson to Romo when Romo last played the 49ers in 2012. Wilson wouldn't even come out and play in -7 degree weather.;)

cwb4me 12-10-2013 8:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatepain (Post 1855235)
We've got the refs in our pockets, Microsoft (a software/hardware designer) designing us special stadiums, super duper special drugs that even the government doesn't know about (also probably designed by Microsoft) and rabid fans. Spoken like true haters.

Hey Bobby you ever thought about actually prepping YOUR team on here. All you know how to do is hate on the Hawks. You've probably been like that your whole life right?

I don't hate the Hawks. I just don't think they're as good as you think they are.

83Starsnstripes 12-10-2013 9:00 AM

12-3 this week in my picks!! Unfortunately the only one I care about was wrong. Oh well.

I'm loving all this smack talk. It's not enough for people to hate the Hawks because they are the NFL's best (11-2), now you are hating the fans and Seattle too. As I'm sure you all are typing away from a Microsoft product and drinking a Starbucks coffee!!! HAHAHAHA.

GD, I agree Sherman didn't have a great game but you can't say that the 49er passing game is what won that game. It was the same as last year in SF. Close game and Gore ran to win.

December in Dallas must be pretty depressing. Is it time to give Orton a shot?

deuce 12-10-2013 9:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83starsnstripes (Post 1855255)
i'm loving all this smack talk. It's not enough for people to hate the hawks because they are tied with the denver broncos at an nfl's best (11-2), now you are hating the fans and seattle too. As i'm sure you all are typing away from a microsoft product and drinking a starbucks coffee!!! Hahahaha.

fify

83Starsnstripes 12-10-2013 9:41 AM

^^^Nope. Still the best in the NFL. Looks like not just Seattle Fans think so.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings...r/2013/week/15

cwb4me 12-10-2013 9:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes (Post 1855255)
12-3 this week in my picks!! Unfortunately the only one I care about was wrong. Oh well.

I'm loving all this smack talk. It's not enough for people to hate the Hawks because they are the NFL's best (11-2), now you are hating the fans and Seattle too. As I'm sure you all are typing away from a Microsoft product and drinking a Starbucks coffee!!! HAHAHAHA.

GD, I agree Sherman didn't have a great game but you can't say that the 49er passing game is what won that game. It was the same as last year in SF. Close game and Gore ran to win.

December in Dallas must be pretty depressing. Is it time to give Orton a shot?

I'm using a MAC. Denver is 11-2 also.Boldin Owned Sherman all night. So did Crabtree.Dallas, despite all the losses can win their last three and win their pathetic division.;)

cwb4me 12-10-2013 9:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes (Post 1855263)
^^^Nope. Still the best in the NFL. Looks like not just Seattle Fans think so.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings...r/2013/week/15

That's just someones opinion. TIME will tell who the best really is. My guess is Peyton and company.;)

ord27 12-10-2013 9:57 AM

Orton is not the answer here in Dallas. Neither is Romo, Garret, or Jerry Jones. Some say that things will improve when Steven Jones takes over the reigns. I say no.

The Jones clan needs to hire a real G.M.. Otherwise,nothing changes.....ever

I'm personally happy for the Hawks, Panthers, Bengals, Jets, Chiefs and any other team that doesn't have a deep history of championships. I think it's good for the sport.

I'd like to see a Carolina v. SeaHawks NFC title game.....and anyone in the AFC except Bill-a -cheat and the Patriots

diamonddad 12-10-2013 9:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
> As I'm sure you all are typing away from a Microsoft product and drinking a Starbucks coffee!!!

True.

> GD, I agree Sherman didn't have a great game but you can't say that the 49er passing game is what won that game. It was the same as last year in SF. Close game and Gore ran to win.

True. I never expected either team to do great on offense. But, I question the TRUE power of Seattle's defense minus HOLDING.

Sherman appears to be holding EVERY play. Never the less, Boldin owned him. And, Sherman's pre-game and post-game comments were childish.

The stats were very close in most categories including penalties...

digg311 12-10-2013 10:14 AM

For all you guys complaining about Seattle and how they cheat... Try taking a look at this:
http://i.imgur.com/kT8lQLA.png
See that guy blatantly holding Sherman back? Right in front of the official? And in case you're wondering, yes, this is the Gore 51 yarder that likely decided the game.

So please, stop crying. It's football. Guys on every team do what they can to win.

Go Hawks.

83Starsnstripes 12-10-2013 11:05 AM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...t-cowboys-drop

More opinions that matter.

cwb4me 12-10-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digg311 (Post 1855270)
For all you guys complaining about Seattle and how they cheat... Try taking a look at this:
http://i.imgur.com/kT8lQLA.png
See that guy blatantly holding Sherman back? Right in front of the official? And in case you're wondering, yes, this is the Gore 51 yarder that likely decided the game.

So please, stop crying. It's football. Guys on every team do what they can to win.

Go Hawks.

Looks more like Shermans pushing off again.:D He didn't want any part of tackling Frank Gore anyway.:eek:

diamonddad 12-10-2013 11:46 AM

It's great to see Sherman (the grabber) get a small piece of his own action!

hatepain 12-10-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

I'm using a MAC. Denver is 11-2 also.Boldin Owned Sherman all night. So did Crabtree.Dallas, despite all the losses can win their last three and win their pathetic division.
If he got "owned" then why did he get A- on his report card for that game by the pros? I'll admit he didn't play his best game but owned? Nah, it was no where near it.

diamonddad 12-10-2013 12:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Reviewing that play on nflrewind (which is very cool btw), its clearly just common down field blocking with Sherman push off and Davis letting go before it becomes holding.

Common run blocking vs DBs HOLDING every single play of every game.

hatepain 12-10-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

He didn't want any part of tackling Frank Gore anyway
More like Gore didn't want anything to do with Sherm tackling him
him. He played down like Shawn Lee getting blocked by a receiver.

diamonddad 12-10-2013 12:33 PM

BTW, what the heck is #29s excuse?

digg311 12-10-2013 1:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamonddad (Post 1855287)

Earl (29) was definitely out of position. That is exceedingly rare. Dude is easily top 3 for Defensive POY. But he missed that one hard. In fact, the Hawks had guys whif at all 3 levels. That's why it was the biggest single run anyone has had on them this season.
I give Gore and the 9ers credit for that play, and the game... even though, yes, Sherman was held there. You can make excuses all you want. That's holding. But there's holding on every play in the NFL... just like there's hand checking and contact in man-press coverage all the time. When you gripe about one player getting away with something, but dismiss it for another, you're just showing your homerism and proving that your opinion holds little weight.

seattle 12-10-2013 1:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamonddad (Post 1855287)

He got juked that's what his excuse is... Seattle over pursued and and didn't cover their gaps. This is where our speed works against us. This is what they are talking about when they say Seattle's D is about the only team that can beat Seattle's D. :o

solo 12-10-2013 1:24 PM

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/eating/popcorn.gif

wake77 12-10-2013 1:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seattle (Post 1855293)
He got juked that's what his excuse is... Seattle over pursued and and didn't cover their gaps. This is where our speed works against us. This is what they are talking about when they say Seattle's D is about the only team that can beat Seattle's D. :o

Peyton would light that Seattle D up like a joint.

diamonddad 12-10-2013 1:51 PM

But, Seattle's defense takes holding to an art level. They are gaming the system and that deserves recognition. They hold a little bit all of the time assuming they will benefit more often than they lose. On most occasions, the referee will not throw the flag if the QB does not throw the pass. So, if their holding discourages the QB from throwing the ball, its a big win. Either the referees need to call Seattle on this game play or every other team needs to cheat the system at this level.

supersonicmi 12-10-2013 2:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamonddad (Post 1855297)
But, Seattle's defense takes holding to an art level. They are gaming the system and that deserves recognition. They hold a little bit all of the time assuming they will benefit more often than they lose. On most occasions, the referee will not throw the flag if the QB does not throw the pass. So, if their holding discourages the QB from throwing the ball, its a big win. Either the referees need to call Seattle on this game play or every other team needs to cheat the system at this level.

somebody get this guy some cheese to go with all that whine!

supersonicmi 12-10-2013 2:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake77 (Post 1855296)
Peyton would light that Seattle D up like a joint.

just like Brees did right?

cwb4me 12-10-2013 2:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatepain (Post 1855234)

Romo had a 109.2 PASSER RATING in that game against Chicago. He threw for multiple TD's.;)

83Starsnstripes 12-10-2013 2:44 PM

ETIII was definitely out of position on that play and Gore burned us.

GD, are you on Harbaugh's campaign team? The fact is the Hawks DBs play within the rules and don't get called every play because they are great at technique no because the refs let them get away with it. If that was true every team in the NFL would be campaigning like the 4winers. Harbaugh is the only coach to complain/wine about how "aggressive" our DBs are.

Jeremy,
I hope we get to see if that's true this year. Just too bad the SB will be played in the cold. Well, I mean too bad for Manning.

83Starsnstripes 12-10-2013 2:46 PM

"Romo had a 109.2 PASSER RATING in that game against Chicago. He threw for multiple TD's."

HAHAHA Bobby you kill me. Good one. You should take your joke show on the road.

cwb4me 12-10-2013 2:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes (Post 1855304)
"Romo had a 109.2 PASSER RATING in that game against Chicago. He threw for multiple TD's."

HAHAHA Bobby you kill me. Good one. You should take your joke show on the road.

3 td's to be exact,that's 1 more than Wilson in about 30 degree colder weather.;)

cwb4me 12-10-2013 2:57 PM

Remember Teams win games. The Seahawks LOST as a team. I don't blame Wilson he did his part till the defense fell apart then he followed suit.:D

hatepain 12-10-2013 3:06 PM

Wilson > Romo all year long.

Physical play fellas, its football.

wake77 12-10-2013 3:07 PM

Brees isn't in Manning's league.