Thoughts on the wake - Older X-Star Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » Wakesurfing » Thoughts on the wake - Older X-Star « Previous Next »
By Jerrod (hypedrider7) on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 11:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Anyone have experience with the wake for surfing an older X-Star, like a 2000 or 2001?

By Cary Kalamajka (ndh2o) on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 11:57 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 2001 X-Star and surf quite a bit. You can get good wave on either side.

I run factory center and surf side rear tanks, and a 600lb sac as full as I can get it in surf side locker, and about 400lbs of lead in the nose. I can run this setup with a driver and spotter only, and it gets even better with more people! If we have enough people, I don't have to fill the 600 sac.

I am always interested in hearing other set ups of this boat though. I'm always willing to try something new.

By rob (wakesurf_ohio) on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 8:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We get a decent port wake with a 750 in the rear locker, a 390 under the port seat, center ballast full, and ~150lbs in the nose. We don't have the same luck on the starboard side, but we're all regular and don't bother with it anymore..

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com