Pocketwizards Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » Audio, Video and Photography » Pocketwizards « Previous Next »
By Rob VLX (skull) on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 12:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have been using a Canon ST-E2 to trigger strobes (580EXII and 430EXII) and this sucker is fine indoors. Outdoors it has a very limited range. I was having trouble getting it to work from anything past about 30'. Are Pocketwizards the way to go? I was taking some night shots on a old bridge and couldn't get the shot I wanted due to the limited range.

By RileyBangerter.net (steezyshots) on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 1:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The ONLY way to go

By Rob VLX (skull) on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 2:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
They vary in price about 100 bucks from their high to low end models. What is the difference? Thanks Riley

By Ryan Taylor (wakesurf12) on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 8:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Get the plus II's You wont need much more than that unless you are shooting in a situation with more that 4 photographers at a time.

Ryan

By craig f (craig_f) on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 11:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you are not worried about interference, get the TT1/TT% combo, that way you have the option of ttl and hss.

By Josh Robinson (sideswipeproductions) on Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 6:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've heard some less than stellar things about the range on those TT1 and TT5's, however it all depends on what you need out of them.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image
Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2010, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com