propeller pitch Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » propeller pitch « Previous Next »
By tomeu palmer (tikki83) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 9:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hi, I am from Spain. I have a searay 180 I/O, I am ready to change the 3-blade prop to a 4-blade prop for better holding. The question is that I donīt know what pitch I need.
I put about 600lbs of weight in the boat. The engine is a 4,3L alpha one. The propeller I want is the alpha 4-blade, it comes in 16, 18 or 20'' pitch. Which ones is better?
thanks and sorry for my bad english

By thomas ryan (g3revenge) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 12:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
start with the 18. the 16 would pull out of the hole better, but top speed might only be 30 mph.

By nickster (nar722) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 5:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had that same boat and motor. the 18 is what I ran and was a good choice. holding speed was still tough. the 16 imo would not be a good all around blade. the 18 should be enough

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com