need gelcoat help Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » need gelcoat help « Previous Next »
By steve (ssjrmk) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 10:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Took out the thru hull drain in my ski locker to recaulk it, and noticed the gelcoat around the hole is flaking off. How can i fix this or should i take it in to get fixed, or should i just silicone it up and not worry about it.(the thru hull fitting covers where the gelcoat has flaked off).

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 7:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Either way will work, if you sand off the edgest and smooth things down before reinstalling with Caulk it would be fine since you say it the fitting covers it. Depends on the boat and how much $$$ you want to spend or save.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com