Upholstery repairs, need advice. Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Upholstery repairs, need advice. « Previous Next »
By Freddy (lawnboy) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 9:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Several cushions (sp?) in my 1996 Centurion Elite-V have the vinyl torn at the seams. Has anyone had a boat of similar age re-upholstered? I would like to just replace the ones that are messed up, but am thinking the color might not match. So what am I looking at price wise for a complete re-do, and how will a shop job compare to a factory job? Thanks

By flying frenchman (wegotbikes) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 5:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just had my entire interior redone in my MC Prostar 205 for $2300 and it looks like new factory skins. Mastercraft quoted me $3300 for just the skins alone without labor, the most expensive part. I got it done at a local upholstery shop that has been in business for 43 years so they knew what they were doing. I am very pleased.

By Lizrd (lizrd) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 7:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We just re-did all of our seats for about 150 bucks. We have a '98 Moomba and all of the seats had many rips and tears from the previous owner. It wasn't in our budget to buy all new skins for the boat and I have to say sewing vinyl isn't all that hard. I'll post some pics in the spring.

By Shawn Ulsrud (thunderstruck) on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 8:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would go for the custom shop. With a good custom shop you can have a better than original look to most factory jobs. I would plan on doing all the vinyl or at least whole sections so you don't see the blend of new and old. But you know as soon as you fix one spot the one next to it will go!

By Freddy (lawnboy) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 7:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Custom was the way I was leaning, just wondering about the price, and quality. Although it would not be too hard to improve on my Centurion interior! Any recommendations between San Jose and Salinas CA?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com