Info for anyone with a Jabsco pump . . . Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Info for anyone with a Jabsco pump . . . « Previous Next »
By Justin Waterson (jwat142) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 7:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I know I had trouble at first finding info on the jabsco ballast pumps. Here is a website that lists pretty much everything you need to know about the pumps: http://www.depcopump.com/datasheets/jabsco/18670%20series.pdf. I just though some people might find this helpful. Also, my Jabsco pump stopped working last year because the impeller was sticking or something like that. Is there some way I can fix this? It's almost like the impeller was too big for the pump. Thanks.

By thomas ryan (g3revenge) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 7:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
itt owns jabsco.

By Mark Mascari (mmascari) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 7:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had the same problems and was finding that I had to grease the impeller frequently to keep it from sticking. It was like there just wasn't enough voltage to kick the impeller over in the other direction. After talking to a dealer at the boat show, he told me that they are replacing the impellers with a smaller one. Talk to your dealer about replacing the impellers in your pumps. They are too big. There is a recall on that and they should give you the impellers for free.

By Justin Waterson (jwat142) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 8:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well, my pump wasn't actually part of a ballast system. I bought the pump and made my own ballast system with it. Does anyone have the part # for the smaller impeller? If someone could get me that #, that would be great.

By Scott (oshensurfer) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 8:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
http://www.jabsco.com/prodInfoApp/servlet/DisplayProducts?typeId=JMBPS&page=0&catalogId=Marine&categoryId=BILGE

By Rod Emerzian (gymboarder) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 12:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you use regular grease it is going to eat away at the neoprene impeller. You have to use Silicone grease. I use it in mine and haven't had a problem since

By wake_fun (wake_fun) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 12:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think this is the one your after......

http://www.depcopump.com/datasheets/jabsco/18220-1121.pdf

By Scott (oshensurfer) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 1:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I use the silicone lube.

Rod,
How quick does it eat the rubber. I don't think it'll eat it up before you would want to replace the impellers, do you?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com