amp buying question Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » amp buying question « Previous Next »
By steven hattaway (stevenf) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 9:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
ok currently i have an o1xstar with the factory setup and boss b653or whatever with the lights on the tower. I have a rockford foosball amp on the tower speakers and the regular clarion (stock) amp on the rest of the speakers. the total is 6 channels (im new to this stereo stuff) so the set up on the amps runs hot all the time it will burn you and so it overheats. What i am looking for is a cooler running amp. the two that i am considering are the PPI pcx4200 4channel or something and a ppi 2 channel. I have heard about 6 channel amps but do they exist? Also i was considering the Phoenix gold stuff the titanium amps one four channel and one 2 channel. Can anyone recommend specific model #'s of the amps they would suggest. Also if there are 6 channel amps out there does ppi or phoenix make them?

By Bob (bob) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 1:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
heres my recomendation, 3 amps-one for subs, one for towers, and one for interior speakers. I have three of those foosball amps, one 600 for subs, one 451 for towers, and one 400 for interiors. You need to spend alot of money for amps capable of running down to 2 ohms (rf amps can do this but only in certain configurations)

By Shawn Ulsrud (thunderstruck) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 2:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I would agree with Bob. Three amps seem to the best way to go, more flexibility wial running cooler. In the future you will want more speakers and power. I ordered my boat in October and have been putting my stereo together and so far have changed my mined on how to do things several times.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com