filling ballast bags with on/board sh... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » filling ballast bags with on/board shower « Previous Next »
By Zoran Forgiarini (zorforg) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 1:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Is it possible to fill ballast bags with the shower? Does it save time? Ours does not have much power.

By actiondcpd (actiondcpd) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 1:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think you are better off just filling them with the fat sac pumps. The showers that i've seen are super low pressure, not to mention the shower head which would be annoying to try and fit into a sac. You can goto wall mart and buy the same aerator pumps for 15 bucks!

By wilson (3puttwilson) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 2:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
No, I tried that once and it took forever...just way too slow....plus

By Rod McInnis (rodmcinnis) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 4:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The pumps that are used for the shower are very low volume at a higher pressure. For a shower installation they would probably use the smallest, which would be around 2 gallons per minute or less. A 700 pound ballast bag would require 100 gallons of water, which would take 50 minutes or more for the shower pump to fill.

The pump that is normally used for filling ballast tanks is a very low pressure but high volume pump. Such a pump would be able to provide 700 gallons per hour, which would fill the ballast tank/bag in about ten minutes.

Rod

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com