What is needed to winterize your heater? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » What is needed to winterize your heater? « Previous Next »
By Chad (healing) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 10:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am thinking about adding a heater to my boat. I normally drain my engine (about 5 min.) during spring riding. I was just wondering if the heater is easily drained or if you have to take a hose off the engine and drain the lines?

Also should I get the 3 vent heater or settle for the 2 vent? I think I will put it under the passengers seat high on the front wall, so space should not be a problem. Thanks

By Lee Tudor (leetudor) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 4:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
We use a compressor to blow out the heater, the hoses and the core could hold up to one gallon of water.

By zach lemelin (lemytry) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 12:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
only thing i would do is tape the open ends so mice dont get in there and eat a hole in yur hoses
i kno from expirence

By Nick Heckerson (kstateskier) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 12:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Definately use a compressor. We broke the core on our '02 boat and it was not cheap. The core on the heater with freeze way before the engine. I would go with the three vent heater, one in the dash by the driver, one in the driver footwell, and one with a hot tube under the passenger seat.

By Stan Tannner (sbt3) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 6:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I usually blow out the line with a air hose then I will add some antifreeze into the line and use the air hose to lightly blow it into the core. This is when I put it away for the winter. For spring riding I would probably just disconnect both hoses and blow it out.

By Grant Stewart (elmog) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 10:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If the question is, "if the heater is easily drained or if you have to take a hose off the engine and drain the lines" my answer is really that it is not 'either/or'. It *is* easily drained and *yes* you have to take the two hoses off of the engine. I blow on mine with my mouth.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com