Sub Placement Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Sub Placement « Previous Next »
By Shawn Ulsrud (thunderstruck) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 2:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am looking for the best place to install two 10" subs in my Mobius LSV. I would really like to build two sealed boxes and install one on each side of my rear storage. I'm not sure if this will be to baffled an area though to feel the base.

By sydwayz (sydwayz) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 3:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am running 2-12" sealed enclosure in the trunk of my Pro V. I can definetly feel the bass. I am still playing around with boxes and locations. I tried a 12"DVC bandpass in same location. It was louder but didn't hit as hard. I would stay with a sealed enclosure in the trunks.

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 3:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've got 10's either side of the motor and a 12 at the drivers feet in my Sanger. The 10's add a lot of "feel" to the music but not a lot of volume, you definately need a 12 at the drivers feet as well to get the volume right.

By Shawn Ulsrud (thunderstruck) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 5:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ralph
What are you running for amps? I am using all sony xplode, 4 channel in the interior, 4 channel for the towers and one for the subs. I'm not sure were I could get the power for a third sub under the drivers seat?

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 5:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am running 2x 4 channel crunch amps. 8 channels in total.
4 channels going to the tower (2 down, 2 back)
2 channels bridged to the 12"
1 channel to each 10" (left/right stereo)

If I did it again I would ditch the one of the four channel amps and run a big high quality mono amp and power all the subs from it.

By Shawn Ulsrud (thunderstruck) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 6:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a large enough (I think?)Sony XM-D400P5 amp for the two 10" subs. It is split internally into a left and right output. Is there a way to run one 12" with the two 10" subs? I really don't want to add another amp but I do like the idea of installing a 12" up front. The 4 channel for the interior is another option, I have four 6.5" o;n that. This is getting beyond my scope of understanding so any help would be great.

By Bob (bob) on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 10:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I along with a bunch of others have steered away from putting the subs in enclosed areas as you wont be able to hear or feel them as much as say putting one or two(like i did) on the shelf at the drivers knee, under the console so it doesnt get wet from rain.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com