Best boom for the buck - Sub question Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Best boom for the buck - Sub question « Previous Next »
By D O double G (d_o_double_g) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 12:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Start with a PPI PCX-1500 mono amp pushing 1000watts of juice @ 2ohms for the sub. This will be paired with 8 Alpine SPS-170a's (4 on the tower, 4 in the boat) being powered by a PPI PCX-4125.

My question is: What's the best sub for the $$$ to run with this setup?

www.precisionpower.net/amps/dcx1500.asp
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-TFO4u5iyGZG/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=500SPS170A&s=0&cc=01

By John (hyperryd) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 1:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
1 PPI DCX15D4 15" sub or two 12" DCX12's. I have this sub in my boat and it rocks hard. This sub is built to take alot of power and the quality is exceptional. Also has a two year warranty. IMO you won't go wrong. It's not cheap, but neither is your bass amp.

By Duane (nvsairwarrior) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 3:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I thing that John knows his stuff, but my favorites include the Infinity Kappa Perfect, or the Image Dynamics IDMAX.
You should compare all the specs AND listen to your choices if possible.
Good luck

By badzuki (badzuki) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 3:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow, what is that amp going for?

I said screw it, and went with the JBL 1200.1 for $225 and 2 s10l7. I just couldn't find a cheaper combo for the amount of money spent.

I figure that for the price of the subs, I can always replace them with something else if I decide to.

By flying frenchman (wegotbikes) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 10:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I second the infinity kappa perfect subs. I have 2 10's in my truck and you would swear they are 15's if I didn't tell you what they were. Incredible sound quality and they play deeper than anything I've ever owned. Very impressive subs!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com