new tower Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » new tower « Previous Next »
By Chris Propes (maxx_wake) on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 10:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
This is the first time I have ver posted in these boards but I finally talked my parents into putting a tower on our boat and I just thought I would share some pics. My dad for some reason has something against inboards so i guess this is the next best thing.
tower pic
tower pic 2

By JONb (jonb) on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 10:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
it is better than nothing, we put a tower on our old sea-doo jet boat. it had about a 6 inch wake. now all you need to do is put some weight in there and you should be good to go.

By actiondcpd (actiondcpd) on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 12:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice man. Tower looks great. You'll still get a good pull inboard or no inboard.

By Scott (oshensurfer) on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 1:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice little Aggie flag there. Gig 'em!

By Chris Propes (maxx_wake) on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 7:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Scott, are u a current or former student? I am class of 05 and my parents are class of 77. Nice to see a fellow wakeboarding aggie out there!

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 9:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Your good to go, really nice setup! Now bring us all so warm weather!!!

By Clint Rice (ttuclint) on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 11:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
oh no, not aggies on the water !

By wetirish (wetirish) on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 5:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Chris,

What brand of tower did you put on? The setup looks nice.

By David (tparider) on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 5:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'll second that - oh no, not aggies on the water!! lol...

Hook 'em!

By Stephanie Cain (stephanie_c) on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 6:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Is it better to put tower on after market - or to have it added on when ordering your boat (Im just a beginner) lol.......

By Stephanie Cain (stephanie_c) on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 6:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
the above question is reguarding an inboard/outboard, not V-drive. It would be on a Cobalt .....

By JONb (jonb) on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 8:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
depends on if the factory can get the tower you want put on it if they can even put it on

By Mitch Mansfield (mitchm) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 4:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
nice tower and even nicer parents

By Robert (autotunner69) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 9:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
chris
I'll get pics of mine on here maybe today but I did the same thing. I just installed a tower on my bayliner and it came out very nicely. yours looks awesome. we are going to put big pieces of wood on the inside where the bolts from the tower come through and fiberglass it to the boat for super strength.
I'll get my dad to get his digital cam today and post my pics.

By Robert (autotunner69) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 5:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post

By Chris Propes (maxx_wake) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 2:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey guys, thanks for all the comments. The tower is from a place in Austin called Texas Wake Tower and T-tops. They did the tower, top and racks. I am very pleased with everything they did. I cant wait to get out on the water in about a month or so.

Robert, congrats on your tower. It looks awesome.

By Chris Propes (maxx_wake) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 11:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
just a couple more pics...
boat1
boat2

By Billy Weishaar (ndboarder) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 9:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was thinking about getting a monster tower for my boat. I was wondering if a tower will make a big difference. Does it help you get more air?

By Chris Propes (maxx_wake) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 2:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Getting a tower will definately help u get more air. It raises the tow point so that the rope is pulling u up and not down. I actually wanted my parents to put a monster tower on our boat for a long time cause i didnt think they would spend the $ for a custom tower but they supprised me at the boat show and bought the tower shown in the pics. From what I have read though the monster tower seems to be the best deal out there for the money and it still looks nice.

By Mark the Shoe (grampawakerider) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 8:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I second the Monster tower. Here's a pic of one with MT board rack and their costum bimini (which is folded up)...

By Billy Weishaar (ndboarder) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 12:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks alot for the input guys. So did anyone have to add any fiberglass to the deck of their boat when they installed their tower. I heard that the deck is suppose to be at least 3/8" thick. Also has anyone had trouble with the gelcoat cracking? I have heard that if you follow the directions properly you won't have to worry about cracking the gelcoat. But you also have the flex from the tower to worry about. Has this caused anyone any troubles or am I just being paranoid.

By Robert (autotunner69) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 6:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
billy-
on my tower, because I have one bolt going through the center. is what I did was put the drill in "REVERSE"(very important)this will allow you to drill through the jel-coat without chipping/cracking it. I've done that so far. i'm going to take pieces of wood on the inside and fiberglass them to the boat(hull?)w/the bolt threw everything and put lock tight on them. Doing this to mostly prevent stress cracking. The tower as is right now is pretty dam strong. but I will still fiberglass. i'll take pics when I do it to post.
good luck with yours if you do it!

By Mark the Shoe (grampawakerider) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 7:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Robert is right about running the drill in reverse. For extra measure I also placed masking tape over the spot I was going to drill. (That was in the instructions for my Monster Tower.) I didn't re-enforce cuz my hull is over 3/8 thick were I mounted it and my mounts have two bolts through the hull.

By Matt Gudgel (mrg) on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 7:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does anyone have a picture of wake products heritage tower on their boat? Looking at buying one and am curious to see how it looks on somebodys boat.

By Chris Blackwell (chris_newrider) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 4:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here is mine with a Wake Air Sport tower and a set of Wake Air speakers and racks. I think it looks awesome.

Chris

Test

(Message edited by chris_newrider on March 02, 2004)

By Robert (autotunner69) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 9:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
that looks awesome Chris! did you install or have it done?

By Chris Blackwell (chris_newrider) on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 9:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had a dealer do it for me. I didn't have the guts to drill the holes, and they have done hundreds so I new it would be done right.

By John Hovde (mastercraft7100) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 9:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The old one

By John Hovde (mastercraft7100) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 9:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post

New one

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com