SAN v VLX? which handles rough water ... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » SAN v VLX? which handles rough water better? « Previous Next »
By Norman Cavedo (smig) on Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 6:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I an deciding between these two boats and in both test drives the water has been glass. Our lake gets pretty rough and i would like to know which boat handles the chop better. thanks-smig

By Rod Rinnert (deltahoosier) on Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 7:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The VLX has a little more freeboard that the SAN

By dane (greatdane) on Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 7:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Both do pretty good.

I would absolutely ignore the differences.

If the water is so bad that the difference matters, then you will want to get off the water.

By Robert (ag4ever) on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 10:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
My SANTE handles the chop fairly well. I have been in chop that is about 2', and I did have to slow way down, and just trench my way through it, but it did it fine.

I try to avoid that rough of water, but if i get into it I just try to find the quickest way out.

IMO, size and weight are the only things that will make a boat handle the chop better, so if it is choppy, I justfill the tanks and find the best speed.

By b (banks) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 1:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
"IMO, size and weight are the only things that will make a boat handle the chop better, so if it is choppy, I justfill the tanks and find the best speed." isn't that what tige' did making their boats so heavy with out ballast? hassle free travel through rough water

By Paul (psudy) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 2:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Find out which boat is heavier and has more v in the hull. My lake is the same way and it sucks when you have to drive five miles to find smooth water. BTW the X2's suck in rough water.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com