Tige Owners! show your pics! Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » Tige Owners! show your pics! « Previous Next »
By JDBindyke (aquajack) on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 6:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Show off your boat and it's best pics, state the model and year

By Paul J. Micklos (pjmicklos) on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 8:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jack,
Here is my Tige. 2001 22i. I love it! It is a terrific boat on the Allegheny. I have never had an inboard with this kind of room. What a ride.

By Pierce Bronkite (pierce_bronkite) on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 9:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
2001 23V Limited
23V

By Bill J (sdboardr99) on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 9:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
2002 20v Rider's Edition, Lake Powell

My boat

By JDBindyke (aquajack) on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 9:06 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bill J, That is a FANTASTIC picture. . .Tige should use that on their website! Where did you get the bimini?

By John Kittler (justridin) on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 3:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
2001 21v etc.

By John Kittler (justridin) on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 3:07 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post

hummer et al

By John Kittler (justridin) on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 3:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
This year's boat. 2003 22iR
2003 22iR

By Rod (xrated) on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 3:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You like?
22v

By JDBindyke (aquajack) on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 9:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Rod, , ,Very Patriotic, How does that red hull hold up? Does is show scratches very easy from on and off of the trailer?

By Will (will5150) on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 10:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I can't seem to get a pic attached to a message - It always says the file's too big. What settings or pic types are you guys using- ALSO Bill J that is one of the COOLEST shots i've seen. THX

By Bill J (sdboardr99) on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 11:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Will, the file must be less than 100Kb in size, and the maximum dimensions are 700x1000.

thanks, I really like that pic a lot!

By Rod (xrated) on Friday, November 28, 2003 - 7:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hey Jack; I'm not really patriotic, my family left the U.S. almost a hundred years ago. The boat was new this spring and so far the red is like new. She spends most of the summer in a slip and I NEVER beach, so far so good. Rod

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Friday, November 28, 2003 - 8:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Lucky me!

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Friday, November 28, 2003 - 8:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Try again...I thought you would all enjoy this one. We did a hole-in-one display at Anthem Country Club. Nobody drained one. We did have fun running around in the hazard though...

By Joe Shmoe (tige_joe) on Friday, November 28, 2003 - 4:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here's another angle of a beautiful day in the water hazard.
Anthem water hazard

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Saturday, November 29, 2003 - 6:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just got it a few months ago and got about 45 hours on it so far and am loving the 2004 22R. Waiting impatiently for warm weather now!

By Mike Martin (ichoop) on Monday, December 01, 2003 - 8:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post

Here she is...

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Monday, December 01, 2003 - 9:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
2003 22V
Tige

By Brent Huling (captainfreedom) on Monday, December 01, 2003 - 10:04 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
2002 22i Type R (I sold it to get the 2003 22V)
Tige

By tmorefi (tmorefi) on Monday, December 01, 2003 - 10:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
2001 20i (sold for a SAN)

By JDBindyke (aquajack) on Wednesday, December 03, 2003 - 7:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mike Martin, Too bad you ruined a perfectly good picture with that UGLY green "gnat" in the background. LOL

Rod, I should have looked at your profile and I would have seen you were not from the USA. . .I still love the patriotic colors though!

Let's see more pics, it is cold here in the `Burgh. . .and pics are the next best thing since I can't get out on the water!

By John Easley (tigejohn21i) on Wednesday, December 03, 2003 - 11:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My 2003 21i this summer on the lake
2003 21i

By Kyle (caliwakeboarder) on Thursday, December 04, 2003 - 1:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
2002 20v

By Greg (lucky) on Thursday, December 04, 2003 - 1:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Why do so many Tiges have Phat Budde towers. Are they a standard option? I'm asking because I have not see the Phat Towers on their website or in their catalogues. Thanks? By the way nice boats.

By Jonathan French (rock_n_boardin) on Thursday, December 04, 2003 - 1:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well I know in SoCal at Tige' Watersports they order the boats in without the towers, and then they install the Phat Budde towers at the dealership. Being that T.W. is the leading seller of Tige's, that is probably why. It's nice, when you buy a boat at T.W. you then choose what color tower, bimini, trailer etc, even if you buy off the lot. Instead of having to take what the factory has installed and thinks looks good.

By Greg (lucky) on Friday, December 05, 2003 - 5:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
That is a nice option to have. Thanks!

By talltigeguy (talltigeguy) on Saturday, December 06, 2003 - 5:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here's my boat, I am in love with it!
my boat

(Message edited by talltigeguy on December 06, 2003)

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Saturday, December 06, 2003 - 5:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nice view from the new house Doc!

By talltigeguy (talltigeguy) on Saturday, December 06, 2003 - 5:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here's from my home lake
my boat

By Kyle (caliwakeboarder) on Monday, December 15, 2003 - 10:55 am:    Edit Post Delete Post

By Nick (tiger20) on Monday, December 15, 2003 - 1:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt - how did you get those boats in the hazard? I don't see a sloped shore

By Joe Shmoe (tige_joe) on Monday, December 15, 2003 - 2:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nick..... We dropped them in the water hazard by a crane that wasn't shown in the picture. We did do a couple of passes in the boats to freak out the local residents. If the water wasn't so damn nasty....I was really tempted to put my wakeboard on!

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Monday, December 15, 2003 - 4:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah, we used a 50 ton crane right from where the trucks are parked on the left side of the picture. We bought hole-in-one insurance in case somebody drained one. One guy hit the flagstick and several guys damn-near hit the black 23v that was pin high on Saturday! DOH!

By Nick (tiger20) on Monday, December 15, 2003 - 4:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow - nice work Matt, yeah, most water hazards are only about 7 feet deep and filled with the deepest muchy mud you have ever seen, a few passes in the lake would make it murkier than the mississippi.

By JDBindyke (aquajack) on Monday, January 12, 2004 - 4:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
here is a 2004 22V Anyone else have some different color combos?
Or how about some action shots?
2004 22v w/375 hp

By Spicoli (tige22ityper) on Monday, January 12, 2004 - 10:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My '02 22i......got to be the best overall tow boat made!! Shortline slalom, wakesurf, boarding, even barefooting.........it does it all!

By Stephen Higgins (srh00z) on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 8:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If anybody wants to buy a Tige, I found a 2001 2100V at an auction yard. I have been watching it for a year and they haven't moved it. I wish I had the money to get it. It's at this repo yard under the boat section www.seauction.com

By Kaiser Soze (tattoobling) on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 1:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mine's still at the factory being built but I have a preliminary picture

(Scroll Down)

My New Tige

Had to do it.
KS

By Zedz Dead (ktm250) on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 1:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dear Kaiser:

Good news your new Tige "Wake Maker 21IW" is finished. I have taken the liberty of enclosing a couple of photos for you and your family’s enjoyment. Remember we never use wood in our products we use "QuadraBeam" because it is way better than any type of composite construction. Also tell your friends to be sure and check out our new line of boats that don’t use any "QuadraBeam", they use composite construction because its way better than other type of construction.

Best regards,
The Tige People

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 1:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tige' doesn't use wood anymore, you'll have to save these clever & witty jokes for Sanger threads I'm afraid.

By Kaiser Soze (tattoobling) on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 2:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How Sanger has built all 4 of their boats is of no concern to me. My concern is more with The Tige People. Refer to the picture above that they were so kind to post and you'll see what I mean. What I'm afraid of is that they will forget to install my tower before they ship my boat. They did send me a picture of it but it seems like some punk kids have taken it upon themselves to use it for some kind of backyard joy ride!!

I have included the picture of the tower below. I understand product testing and quality control but don't you guys think this is taking it just a little too far?

Tige Tower

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 3:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Looks kinda sturdy for a tige' tower.

By JDBindyke (aquajack) on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 5:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
here is a nice 22i
22i red

By JDBindyke (aquajack) on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 5:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
here is wake of an 2004 20V with no weight, no tanks full, 1/4 tank of gas and only three people in the boat all by the helm @ 18mph.

2004 20v

By oscar (zacky) on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 5:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ahhh...HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Man, that sure is funny! Trees=Tige. Somebody stop me from laughing so hard, please! And to think that nobody EVER thought of that before... Gimme a break...

I knew this would turn into a Tige bash sooner or later...

By JDBindyke (aquajack) on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 6:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oscar, is it a Tige bash or perhaps an "IQ" test of which some are failing?
It was intended to show boats of different colors and styles but you are right, some folks just always want to go down a different path. When I started this post I also started one for CC, and Malibu owners and encouraged them to do the same thing. What with boat show times here I thought the different colors could help people when picking out their new boat to order. So C`mon "Tige" owners, show us those pics!

By oscar (zacky) on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 7:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post

By oscar (zacky) on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 7:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
IQ test. I love it. Oh ya, it's a 2001 21V..

By JDBindyke (aquajack) on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 7:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
sweet looking boat! Is it possible to have a bad looking RED boat, , ,nawhhhhhh

here is the inside of a 22v and a 21i

22v and 21i interiors

By Rod (xrated) on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 8:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
grow up kaiser you retard.

By Kaiser Soze (tattoobling) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 6:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
"grow up kaiser you retard." Quite eloquent. That well thought out and highly constructive statement tells that perhaps you may need to follow your own advice.

Hopefully this makes your day, Rod. Because of you I will surely embark on a soul searching mission to find my lost maturity.

By Zedz Dead (ktm250) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 7:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Kaiser, I'd be carefull if I were you. According to Soundings Magazine the documented sales figures for Tige (YTD 3rd qtr) is 614 placing them 6th overall. Next? You guessed it Sanger in 7th place with 287 (YTD 3rd qtr).

You must be retarted (sic) or have a lo eye q.

By Bill (skionone) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 7:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the info Zedz. I think everyone is now a little more stupid after reading that post that means, " not a damn thing."
Tige has never claimed that they want to be first.
By the way. What the $#%^ is a Air Palimento and how is the resale on the piece! I'm sure it is a top of the line boat as you guys in PA are such serious wakeboarders.

By Keith (rkg) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 7:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Why even come on here to bash the Tiges? If you are not posting a pic, why stir the pot?

By Bill (skionone) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 7:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think that's easy. Zed because he is a MasterCraft dealer and chances are he has a short mans complex as 90% of the MC dealers I know do.
Kaiser is just pissed off because he was actually stupid enough to buy some boat that no one has ever heard of. Hey man why didn't you look into the Elan. I heard they were awesome and you would really stand out as the only dumb ass with that boat also.

By David D (wakeguru) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 7:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
That wake on that unweighted '04 20V has my attention.

By Kaiser Soze (tattoobling) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 8:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok, good good. So far we've got "retard", "stupid" AND "dumbass" today, and it's still only morning. Oh, we’ve also got the assumption that one’s home state somehow has a direct bearing on how serious one takes his chosen sport.

...Anxiously awaiting something relevant...

By Pierce Bronkite (pierce_bronkite) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 8:23 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok, so Tigé's have wood. Do you know or have heard of anyone that has had problems with having wood in a Tigé?

By Andrew Adams (wolfpack) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 8:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post

Boat at Harris

By Andrew Adams (wolfpack) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 8:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If water can penetrate solid fiberglass, I think there are worse things to worry about than the wood.

By Zedz Dead (ktm250) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 8:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bill, you’re back! I should have know it would take a post about Tige' to drag you out of the wood work (pun intended). How are the English and typing lessons going? Air Palimento (sic)??? Aren’t those the things in an olive? Come on now…if you are going to flame someone at least have the courtesy to use spell check.

You disappoint me, we’ve been down this road before, aren’t you going to espouse all your facts on how wood is better to build boats with? Oh, that is right it is so much better that Tige’ stopped using it.

A couple last thoughts for you…”let people think you are stupid, but never open your mouth and prove it” (paraphrased Gaelic proverb), the Air Palmetto doesn’t exist…really now, someone obviously as versed as you in wakeboard boats and technology knew that right????

By Kaiser Soze (tattoobling) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 9:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Zed,

I must call you out on dissing my boat. Many have not heard of the Air Palmetto because it is in such limited production with a small Northern Pennsylvania boat company. My buddy, Jim J. Bullock is trying to get the company off the ground. It’s been tough going so far because Jim takes a lot of chances and doesn’t follow the crowd. If financing doesn’t pick up he’ll most likely have to discontinue production. So what he’s decided to do is go on the internet to solicit donations for this project. Many donors at first are quite hesitant because of the uncertain nature of the endeavor. The product is unproven, the market for it is quite thin, startup costs are high, and donors are getting nothing in return. But once prospects hear about the revolutionary design, they are eager to get in on the ground floor.

You see, he’s doing something that nobody has thought of before: The boat is actually made with a new experimental material called “fiberglass”. Apparently, this “fiberglass”, as he calls it, is lighter, stronger, and more durable than materials currently used in boat production. Jim thinks that someday this idea will catch on and other boat makers may actually start using the material. I know it’s a crazy idea, but this industry does need leaders.

By Bill (skionone) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 9:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You know you two guys should go on the road with this act. I think it is pretty damn funny.
What is fibergalss and where can I get information on it.
Hey I got a crazy idea. Why don't you guys let people post pics of their Tige and post your comments somewhere else.

By Jeff (tigetx) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 9:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Zedz & Kaiser,

I hope you guys are entertaining yourselves because you two are boring the Hell out of me.

Maybe you should find something productive to do, such as sale boats Mastercraft needs the help.

By Zedz Dead (ktm250) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 9:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
It started off as a joke, lame or not, Kaiser posted what he thought was funny. You decide to make it personal, just like you have in the past.

As for information try this link: http://marinesurvey.com/surveyguide/wood1.htm

By Andrew Adams (wolfpack) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 10:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What does exposed wood have to do with a piece of wood encased in fiberglass?

By Keith (rkg) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 11:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nothing, let the wood arguments go. They have been beat to death. People who wish to be skepticle will and those who are comfortable with pre-2004 Tiges having wood will be.

These arguments go no where fast.
Went back and looked at some of the old ones....

By talltigeguy (talltigeguy) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 5:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I ask as Pierce did, Has anyone SEEN or had direct evidence of Tige wood going bad? Even on this board where people make up lots of crap I have yet to see it.

By oscar (zacky) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 7:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That is a good question. You would think that with the Tige bashers (some more eager than others) one of them would have found some evidence by now of a Tige with rotten stringers. Maybe it is too difficult of a task. I think they would rather hijack a thread that has nothing to do with them...

By Doug Hanson (xtigeman) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 9:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hehehe. Tige' will always be the red-headed step child of boat mfgs. That being said, wood never bothered me.

By John Kittler (justridin) on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 12:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
That is your opinion Doug based on your experiences way back in the day. I think you are wrong and time will tell which one of us is correct.

Weak companies die while others overcome their weaknesses and prevail in the end. Remember the Wet-Jet?

By Nick Heckerson (kstateskier) on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 1:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Are you saying MC is a weak company, because they made the Wet Jet????? I think you can hang on a long time despite quality if you are not on top. Look at all the companies that have been making boats for 15+ years, Centurion, Sanger, Supra, Brendella/MB, etc. that have never really prevailed as you say, yet still get enough business to keep going.

And back in the day, wasn't it like 3 years ago that Doug had all those problems. What really is the difference in Tige quality now from 3+ years ago. Sure, now they have composite construction, WELCOME TO THE PARTY TIGE!

By Zedz Dead (ktm250) on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 1:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
There are more problems associated with using wood than just rot! I posted the link but now I quote it: Strength of Wood is degraded by a variety of factors: soaking in water for 10, 20, 30 or more years, micro-organisms, shipworms, ants, termites, the normal stresses imposed on the hull, sunlight, constant wetting and drying and chemicals introduced into the interior of the hull such as spilled battery acid, petrochemicals, detergents and chlorinated cleansers, etc.; all work to take their toll on wood. In other words, unlike materials such as fiberglass and aluminum, wood is degraded by a large variety factors.

It is an age old argument; however, you could say that one more has been converted…Charlie Pigeon.

And yes, I do remember the Wet Jet…if you are equating that to MasterCraft somehow being weak at that time…then by your logic I guess MasterCraft prevailed.

By Jeff (tigetx) on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 1:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here we go with something that pertains to the topic. (2004 22V)

By Nick Heckerson (kstateskier) on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 1:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Good looking boat Jeff

By John Kittler (justridin) on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 2:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nick,

I used Wet Jet as an example because it was a bad business move that caused the company severe hardship, but they pulled through and are doing very well now. Companies like Toyota/Epic & Sea Ray/Ski Ray just gave up when they figured out this is a tough market segment. Many of the smaller boat builders are surviving but do not seem to be rising to the top of the game. I think Tige is rising and Doug's problems with his '99 boat are ancient history.

By DJL (dholio) on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 2:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
So Zedz, tell us what makes MasterCraft so hot other than their name?

By Doug Hanson (xtigeman) on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 3:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Red headed step child statement was meant more in the way that no matter what Tige' did to try and improve upon image or improve its product, there will still be certain bias against it by many.

I think this has alot to do with both people like me who had really bad, not just bad, experiences with their product and their marketing which, in my opinion, was overhyped and a bit misleading for many years.

By Nick Heckerson (kstateskier) on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 3:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
DJL, maybe the fact that they sell more boats than anyone else. This is a big factor, whether you want to admit it or not, many people out there are followers. What makes CC so hot other than their name, because MC has definately had better luck lately as far as innovation. CC lives by their name and their devoted following like yourself.

John, I don't think Tige is rising, their market position doesn't seem to indicate this. Some of their hulls seem to be impressive, but materials and construction are still questionable in many eyes. How did Wet Jet cause MC severe hardship?? I think the '98 Pro Star 190 hull caused more hardship than the Wet Jet transaction. You have to wonder if it were not for the popularization of wakeboarding in the late 90's where MC would be right now. They did not return with a good competition hull for skiing until the EVO Pro Star debuted in 2001 and then the 197 in '02. I think MC would probably be the #3 builder right now if it was relying only on the Pro Star and Maristar sales, rather than having the wakeboard boats carry them.

And as far as Tige, I still think that it is funny, that back in 1992?? Pigeon started the company because he did not feel there was a true slalom boat out there. After 12 years he never did figure out how to build a good ski boat and is now one of the only major players without a competitive boat. This really has no relevance with the onslaught of wakeboarding, but I think it's funny that Pigeon and Tige couldn't even accomplish their original goal.

(Message edited by kstateskier on January 15, 2004)

By talltigeguy (talltigeguy) on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 6:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nick,
In 1992 there wasn't much else to do behind a boat but slalom. Every wakeboard boat manufacturer who has been around since then grew with the movement. MC and CC were aiming for good slalom wakes then too, right? Or are you saying they were pitching towers and wakeboards then, etc.

By Nick Heckerson (kstateskier) on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 7:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
No, Pigeon though the others, mainly MC and CC were focusing too much on Jump and Trick, so he went all slalom, that is what I was talking about. There was a lot to do behind the boat way before wakeboarding showed up.

By Zedz Dead (ktm250) on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 6:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
DJL, I can only add to what Nick has already stated. "What makes a MasterCraft so hot other than their name?"...construction, materials utilized during construction, technology in construction, dealer support network (around 140 dealers at last count) but probably most importantly resale (not just residual value but ease of resale). Those are the reasons that MasterCraft is “so hot”, or at least enough to prove my point.

On the flip side I do remember the ’98 ProStar…worse yet I remember every interior in ’99! For the record I have never said MasterCraft builds a perfect boat or anything close to it. MasterCraft does a great job but there is room for improvement…just like every other manufacturer. Do I believe that MasterCraft builds a better boat than Tige’? Damn right I do, and so do about 2500 other people each year. Simple market forces at work here folks, IF Tige’ was building a better boat than the rest of the industry wouldn’t more people buy it? Or do you truly believe that the secret has been kept from the consumer for over 12 years? And if that is what you believe what does that say about Tige’ as a company, they have the best product in the industry but have somehow managed not to convince the vast majority of consumers for over a decade?

By David D (wakeguru) on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 7:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
These debates will never cease. As long as every one continues to play nicely it's all good.

BTW, Jeff that color combo is sick I love red and gray - sharp boat. The bimini could use some work though. No offense, just my opinion.

Here's my perspective...

I like what Tige has done in 04'. First and foremost, addressing the wake issue with a new hull. Secondly, the tower. It might have worked, but it just doesn't seem right if it's not sturdy. That and the wake are the first thing a rider notices. I could care less about the wood stringers until it becomes a problem.
That being said, my buddy has a 21V riders with 1,500 hrs and it's been a great boat. He isn't a hardcore rider, so the wake and tower don't bother him at all. He has tons on storage and I've driven these boats, they handle great for a V drive.

I bought an MC because I grew up skiing in the 80's and it was MC and CC. I knew what I was buying. I wasn't well versed on all the other boats even though I had heard about Malibu, Tige, Supra and Centurion. That, and there wasn't a dealer nearby in Central Florida that had a reputation. Even though the Malibu dealer was on the rise, the market here was dominated by the two.

I have seriously considered a new 04' 20V Tige as my next boat along with the X-2, VLX and SAN. I think they all make a quality product. Tige has had some issues maybe more recently than the others, but I agree that good companies address these issues and overcome them and in my eyes Tige's are in the rear veiw mirror.

By Jeff (tigetx) on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 8:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
David,

The new Tower is sturdy and tight. I have also ridden behind a 03 22V, which has the same hull design, and the wake is awesome, nice size and great shape.

By David D (wakeguru) on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 8:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Jeff, I guess I didn't get that point accross - I understand they have changed the tower.

I would LOVE to ride behind one of these newer Tige's including the '03 22V. I'm sure the wake is nice even with minimal weight.

By JDBindyke (aquajack) on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 11:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
David D, not only is the 22V a great wakeboard boat, is is better than any Nautique (besides say an older "barefoot" nautique) I have ever barefooted behind. The wake table is smooth and the bigger size of boat mashes down the chop pretty darn well.
I was barefoot testing a 22V a few weeks ago in some chop and I simply hung out directly behind the boat to get away from the rough water. The boat is super easy to wake-cross on your feet. The curl is also high enuff to keep you from being sucked back in the middle while doing your tumble turns and tricks in the curl as well. I mention this to you because of your pic of you barefooting in a recent post. The 21i is better then a Nautique to barefoot behind too. The TAPS allows you to dial in, or should I say dial out, the rooster tail and table foor footing at the higher speeds. Like 39mph+. The skiability of the 22V wake was better than the of a Nautique 216 and about equal to that of a 93-2002 sport or air nautique. Several of us just completed water Testing EVERY 2004 Tige Boat and Every Motor a few weeks ago. So I can tell you 1st hand on the 2004 hulls. I use the Nautique comparison because I have owned them and have footed every Nautique model for the last 5 years. I have only footed a few models of the other brands like Sanger, MC, Malibu & Flightcraft. I can not speak from experience for any other brands because the rest of the brands are not prevelant in our market.
just my .02

By John Kittler (justridin) on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 12:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Zedz,

Mastercraft is lucky to have someone as committed to their products as you. The theme here was simply to show some Tige pics between people whom appreciate the brand. For you to take it upon yourself to show us the error of our ways is admirable. Good effort, but I for one think Tige builds boats as well as your beloved MC. This might be the point where we should agree to disagree.

By JohnE (tigejohn21i) on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 12:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Gotta share a story.

I was installing my heater in my 21i a couple of weeks ago. I had a question about the wiring..so, I called Tige directly. The guy in charge of production, Ryan was nice enough to walk me thru some things over the phone. He confirmed some things with the guy that actually drafts the electrical specs and called me back a couple of times. Needless to say, I got the heater installed myself (well, with the help of a capable friend of mine -- just in case he's reading)

When I got the idea to call Tige directly, I honestly figured that they would send me to the dealer. However, they hung in there with me and gave me the support I needed.

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 10:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
John,

Nice Extreme trailer under that 22V!

What's all that white stuff on the ground?

By John Kittler (justridin) on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 8:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Matt,

Only 4 1/2 months till the lakes thaw! Now thats depressing.

By JohnE (tigejohn21i) on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 3:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
After they thaw, how long before you can dip the big toe in?

By oscar (zacky) on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 6:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I bet Zedz and his Mastercraft could pull riders through that ice...

By John Kittler (justridin) on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 8:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Usually the first week of May, so I was mistaken. "Only" 3 1/2 months. The water was 52F when we first got in last spring. Early season enthusiasm however dictates that: If it's calm enough, it's warm enough.

By Nick Heckerson (kstateskier) on Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 12:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
You waited until it was 52. I thought you northerners were tough!

By Zedz Dead (ktm250) on Monday, January 19, 2004 - 6:35 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
John,
Glad you like your boat...enjoy it when the thaw comes.

Oh and Oscar...no problem! (relax...just kidding!)

By talltigeguy (talltigeguy) on Monday, January 19, 2004 - 5:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I went 6 days ago. Even here in the land of the sun the water was 46 degrees.

Indeed, Calm enough is warm enough

By Thomas (h2oskeefreek) on Monday, January 19, 2004 - 7:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
oscar, a few years back, a friend of mine built an "ice breaker" out of wood and attached it to his barefoot nautique. he skied on the frozen tippecanoe river in indiana. that guy is friggin nuts.

By thomas (tball) on Monday, January 19, 2004 - 7:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just ordered an 04 22V; can't wait to join the bickering in here. I heard it was actually an X-7 that deflected the foul ball from Moises Alou in last season's NLCS. Nothin' but love...I wouldn't kick any towboat outta my storage bldg.

By Karen Nelems (knelems) on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 4:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Setting up at the B'ham Boat Show,Orange 21i,Moto Green 22i,Yellow 22V,Red 24V.
tiges
tiges

By Kailua Al (kailua_al) on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 2:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
2002 20i at the Colorado River. LOVE IT!!!

TIge 20i

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 2:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
kaiser, i just now figured out where that name came from. The usual suspects.

By Mike Martin (ichoop) on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 2:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Just wanted to let all the tige owners know about the new tige owners website. www.tigeowners.com

By John (hyperryd) on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 5:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here are some pics of my old Tige. Sold it last year.

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 6:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Awesome graphics John!

By BR (blr) on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 10:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
heres a pic of my tige - maybe you know someone that wants to buy it (it's for sale). I want a new tige!!
2001 22ir

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 10:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Karen,

Nice looking boats! I hope you had as great a show as most other Tige' dealers have had! I can't wait for our Vegas show on Feb 19th...

By Karen Nelems (knelems) on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 7:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hi Matt,
We had a good first night, the crowds were not great but quality people out and about.We have five of our Formula owners upgrading and two of our Tige owners upgrading.Send me a private email what you are wanting for your 20i if you still have it.
Thanks,
Karen

By BR (blr) on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 4:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
no longer in need of a buyer for my tige i posted, it is sold!! yahoo. get to go order my new tige this weekend!! SO psyched!

By Matt Dettman (matt_dettman) on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 11:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I sold the 20i two weeks ago! Another happy Tige' owner!

By Brad Flack (flackpack) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 6:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
New 22V RE
Flackpack 22V RE

By Thomas (h2oskeefreek) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 6:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
john, how do you like the phat budde tower??

By b (banks) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 7:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
My Tige'
My Tige'

By Tom Kuzma (thekuz) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 8:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Picked up my 24V Riders with new graphic 2 weeks ago.
Tige 24V Riders

By Tom Kuzma (thekuz) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 8:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Next.

By Tom Kuzma (thekuz) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 8:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Another.

By BR (blr) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 9:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thekuz is that a custom graphic? factory option? i have the same ride on the way. should be here in about a month. that graphic is sweet.

By Tom Kuzma (thekuz) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 10:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I got it from the dealer in Corona, CA. They designed it themselves.

By william walden (spicoli) on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 10:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
the lake powell picture is sooo sick. thats awesome.

By Garrett J Gross (waken23v) on Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 12:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tom, Nice boat. We ride at Elsinore almost every weekend. I would love to ride behind you boat and see how the newer hull is. Wife likes our seating (dual captain chairs) over the wrap around, which is why I haven't gone with the 24V... yet

Here is ours with the Rankin towable cover.

23V with Rankin cover

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com