The SPY Super AIR Contest Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through April 01, 2004 » The SPY Super AIR Contest « Previous Next »
By Grant (whitechocolate) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 12:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
"Did anyone win it"
Hey I saw in Alliance Mag The contest for the Orange SPY Super Air was going to be over September 13th, Did any one win it It would be cool to see or hear about the Person that won It.

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 12:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 12:17 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I found it>

The drawing for the Spy Team Edition Super Air Nautique boat was held at Surf Expo in Orlando, FL. The only way to be entered into the contest was to subscribe to Alliance Wakeboard Magazine, for a measly $19.99. With that you got 9 issues of Alliance Wakeboard Magazine and a chance to win a 2002 Super Air Nautique with the best Kicker stereo system ever installed in a boat! Spy wakeboard team rider, Danny Harf pulled the winning name from the hopper that held the participants.

And the winner was Chulki Choung, from Milwaukee, OR. Chulki lives right outside Portland on the Willamette River. Alliance’ s Bill McCaffrey and Spy wake manager Aaron Grace made the phone call to Chulki to let him know he was the winner, however Chulki thought it was a buddy of his playing a prank on him. After about 10 minutes, we finally convinced Chulki that he really did win the boat, and he hit Interstate 5 straight to the Spy Optic headquarters in Carlsbad, CA with a posse of friends. When he arrived a couple days later he was greeted by many of the Spy employees and the keys to his new Spy Edition Super Air Nautique. For more details and picture on the story, please pick up a copy of the Dec/Jan issue of Alliance Wakeboard Magazine on shelves at your local board shop.

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 12:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How SWEET is that! I think that's AWESOME.

By MAC (mac_attack) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 1:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
WOW!!! I could only Imagine!!!

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 3:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What? The boat is different from the one in the ad. I'd be gutted & going for the lawyers. Ha ha. I can only imagine how stoked he must be.

By Blabelmooch (blabel) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 3:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
pfffft. Its just a Super Air. No big deal as far as I'm concerned.

By hyperlitenerd (hyperlitenrd) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 3:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
the one in the ad is for the 2003 natique...or so i think

By Chris Wilds (wildman240) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 3:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ok so it's not the exact same boat but look at it this way, the kid still saved about 38,980 bucks on the deal. Not sure how much that boat would of cost but you get the idea. 20 bones and a new boat, how could complain. I wouldn't, I'd sell it. HAHA JK

By sydwayz (sydwayz) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 3:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Now that you said that the winner lives in Oregon, I'm pretty sure I've seen that boat on the Willamette. But he removed all the stickers.

By Mike Wiseman (xstar_mike) on Sunday, November 16, 2003 - 8:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sweeeeet

By Jon Mitchell (jon43) on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 8:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The one in the pic is diferent because it is a new contest. there is a another boat to give away

By Lance (uga33) on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 8:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Man Grant why didn't we subscribe? You would the chances are pretty high.

I wish I would have known.

By Barry (barry) on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 8:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
That is the coolest... look at the smile on that guys face.

B-

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 8:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
What's funny is I would rather Pay $19 for a subscription/ And try to win, The Super than pay $1 for the lottery, and try to win Million's
WTF would I do with 2 Nautiques, I guess I ll just start playing the Lottery

By Paul (gherk) on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 8:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
There are no keys on a 02 SAN.

By Chulki Choung (nautique4life) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 11:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It is the same boat in the ads. They just changed the decal before I picked it up. I changed it when I got home. LF hooked me up so I have their sticker on there too. It is a Team and they gave me the code to the ignition not keys. The all Orange Team Edition is their 03 boat for this years contest.My chances were 1 in about 2500. So what are you waiting for, SUBSCRIBE TO ALLIANCE.

By sydwayz (sydwayz) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 11:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Chulki,
You are one lucky SOB. That is so cool. Did you have to pay taxes on the boat, like 50% in Vegas?

By Chulki Choung (nautique4life) on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 11:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
They gave me a income form for $20000. I have to pay state and federal. I think it should run me about $5000. Are you in Portland too?

By Chulki Choung (nautique4life) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 12:00 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here is a pic with the new decal and in Feb
this is feb

By Chaun Keating (big_poppa_pump) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 9:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
So where's the link to sign up for this years contest without subscribing:

"Method #1: Subscribe to Alliance Wakeboard Magazine using the subscription card in the magazine and
you will be automatically entered. Method #2: Visit www.alliancewake.com, follow the links to the online entry form,
fill out the required information and follow the instructions for submitting an entry. Method #3: Hand-print the words
“SPY/Alliance Sweepstakes” and your name, address, and telephone number on a 3 x 5 card, and mail it to 2033 B
San Elijo Avenue, Suite 230, Cardiff, CA 92007."

Guess I'll have to drop the money on the stamped 3x5 card.

By Blabelmooch (blabel) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 9:37 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I did it online. Just follow the links. It's that simple.

By Levi Cress (levi) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 11:41 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Blabelmooch - Maybe I'm blind, but I do not see any links for signing up for the entry w/o buying a subscription? I already subscribed last year..so I want to enter but not worry about renewing my subscription yet. Where do you click to just enter the contest?

thx

By Nick Heckerson (kstateskier) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 12:46 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Don't you have to subscribe to enter, isn't that the point.

By Jonathan French (rock_n_boardin) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 1:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Chulki,

how was the boat's condition/hours? I had seen it on the Canyon Lake backwater before the contest ended with Ricky G. filming some video footage from it and it looked like it had seen a year of heavy use.

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to win it. But it did look like from your pictures it cleaned up real nice. Congratulations!!

By Mark Anderson (puckinshat) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 1:20 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just subscribed. $20 for a 1/2500 chance to win a SAN and getting a year of Alliance sounds like a good deal. Even if it's 1/100000, its still a better chance than that powerball I keep pumping money into.

By Levi Cress (levi) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 1:30 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Nick - From my understanding, you can not run a give away contest and not allow everyone the opportunity to be entered free of charge. That is why they offer the post card option.

By Chulki Choung (nautique4life) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 2:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah, I think you have to buy a subscription. At least for a real chance. The overall boat condition when I got it was good. It is fully loaded down to the fireboy, except the motor upgrade, it had 93 hrs, a fresh prop, a small tear in the back seat, a chewed up cover and a dead battery due to a blown relay. At first I thought kicker did a installing the stereo. I had to take the fuse out so it wouldn't kill the battery. Then the big amp blew two channels. I had the local kicker rep replace it for $29 the cost of shipping, and when I was taking it apart the relay had corrosion on it. So the install was not bad, just alittle half ass. I also had a custom bow cover made, and to who ever wins this years contest I have your trailer. You will get my old one I think. The wheel fell off because nobody there knows about maintainence. One other thing, they left or forgot about a fatsac pump and tubes, so I added another 1000 lbs. BIG WAKE, slow boat.

By Chulki Choung (nautique4life) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 3:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here is a pic when I picked it up

boat

By JONb (jonb) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 4:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i would pay $5000 for that boat any day, it looks like it is one badass boat

By sydwayz (sydwayz) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 5:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Chulki,
Ya I'm in Portland. Mostly upper Willamette. I saw you and your boat last summer. Again very nice boat. Love the color. And for $5k, that is awesome. Can you enter this year again? What if you won again. That would suck for the rest of us.

By Chulki Choung (nautique4life) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 6:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
no they are pretty much giving me a free subscription. Next time you see me in the water come over and say hey. I should have a box of mags to give away hopefully some stickers too

By Jonathan French (rock_n_boardin) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 7:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah, actually when I saw it at Canyon they had a water bed matress full of water in the open bow. Plus a boat load of people/ladies LOL 93 hours is not bad at all. I was thinking it had a lot more. You are stoked to get the new trailer, I am sure the original one had a lot of miles on it. I assume they had the boat all over the country at promotional events. Props to Spy for supporting wakeboarding, at the last Canyon lake event they had a bunch of free stuff for everybody, including Spy dollars for discounts on their gear. I still have about 60 Spy dollars that I need to use. Cheers

By sydwayz (sydwayz) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 10:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
For sure, I'll catch up with you on the water. It's funny, I'm stoked for you winning the boat. Maybe it because we both live in Oregon or something. Oregon crew never wins anything.

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 1:28 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Whats in the tower box? How does it sound?

By Chulki Choung (nautique4life) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 1:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
it has 4 6" loud speakers and 2 horns. Here is a picture

By Chulki Choung (nautique4life) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 1:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
it sounds good but here is the reason

By ryan (austinsti) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 10:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
where are those subs mounted??

By Chulki Choung (nautique4life) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 5:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
it's on the passenger side. Here is a picture to give you a better idea. I removed the cushion so you can see how big the box is

By Ryan (easyrider) on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 6:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
damn thats alot of BOOM. I've seen you (your boat) around. Look forward to seeing ya on the water this year.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com