lake nautical maps Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » lake nautical maps « Previous Next »
By Chris Cripps (ccripps) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 5:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Does anyone know a source for lake nautical maps that show obstructions at different water levels?

The reason for my question: A buddy of mine was out on Lake Mojave on Tuesday doing about 30 when they hit a massive rock pile in basicly the middle of the lake. Other than a few bumps and burses no one in the boats was seriously hurt. The boat received a massive cut to the bottom, scraped the prop, and damaged the stern drive.

Well its got me a little worried I had always assumed that these hazards would be marked. So I am hoping to find a source where I can check for hazards that exist without have to drive my boat into one.

For those who are going to lake Mojave this happened just pasted the 6 mile marker about 400 yards from the East shore.

By BigD (bigd) on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 8:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
My local Wal-Mart has lake maps for all the local lakes around us.

By Matt Legge (leggester) on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 11:05 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Many sporting goods stores have hydrographic maps.

I have them for my local lakes and Powell. I'm sure they have them for Mojave.

Not all hazards will be marked, period. Especially with low water. They are not always bouyed. Even if they were, there's always the chance of the bouy coming loose or being stolen.

Western lake in particular have this problem due to the high flucuation in water levels.

Sorry to hear about it - glad all are OK. Check Wal-Mart's boating/sport section. Or do a search on mojave and hydrographic maps.

I'd bet the marina has them also.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com