Gel Coat Experts Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Gel Coat Experts « Previous Next »
By Mark Mascari (mmascari) on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 2:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
How easy is it to repaint and re-gel coat the side of a boat? How easy of a job is it for a professional? I am debating having my checkers covered on my boat, and have both sides just colored in black. Not the bottom of the hull, just the sides and back. How easy of a job is this and what kind of price would it be?

By Wake Products (tahoe) on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 5:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Your looking at a really big job to re-gel, and probably looking at around 2k-3k roughly. Painting would be a little cheaper, but wont last like gel. Is it damaged or something?

By Mike D. (mdan) on Thursday, November 06, 2003 - 6:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am in the process of repainting the sides of my boat to one color, all black, I was told painting would be the cheapest method vs gelcoating the whole boat. I have an older boat thats paid for so I really dont care to keep it original with the gel stripe.,

By Troy (liveoz) on Thursday, November 06, 2003 - 7:45 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Can't tell from your picture, but if the checkers are gel coat, you have a very expensive job. If they are painted onto the gel coat, you can sand them off and buff it out for nothing.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com