Winterizing ballast system? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Winterizing ballast system? « Previous Next »
By Patrick (patrick) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 12:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Is there any reason to winterize the ballast system. '03 Malibu VLX, bag in center and 2 hard shells on the sides of the engine. I seem to remember seeing something about disconnecting hoses etc, but not really sure if it's needed or why.

By Sam Hughes (exdeckboater2) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 2:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Keep your ball valves open if you have them. I closed one of mine at the end of last season for some reason and forgot to open it back up. This year when I did open it, water was spraying in, but I couldn't tell why, but it stopped when I closed the valve again. Once I pulled it, I saw why, the whole side was busted out. That little bit of water traped in the valve, blew out the whole side. I live in Central TX and we only have a few nights below freezing, but it seems that we had enough for that little bit of water.

By John Nelson (wissota) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 2:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had a dealer do my hard tanks on my SANTE & he 1st ran the pumps until nothing came out, then closed valves & unscrewed & removed tops of what must have been the sending units to the gage & put about 1.5 gallons of anti-free into tanks. then he briefly opened valves to let fill with the anti-freeze. Done

By cdm (cdm) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 6:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
run anti-freeze through all ballast systems

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com