Best cantiliever boat lift manufacturer? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Best cantiliever boat lift manufacturer? « Previous Next »
By Scott Steiner (motoxer) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 3:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm in the market for a shallow water bottom standing boat lift for a 20' direct drive inboard. I've browsed Basta, Hewitt, ShoreMaster and also an inclined plane lift by Harbor Master called the Elite(supposedly superior to the cantilever style.) Anyone have any praise or horror stories regarding lifts by any of these manufacturers or have an alternate manufacturer I should be looking at? Prices seem to all be within a few hundred dollars of each other for a 3600-4000# lift so I'm looking for some user data to guide my decision.

By Jason Lee (jaybird00) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 7:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Check out Shorestation boat lifts. they make great quality products. definetly check them out.

By Jason (jaybird00) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 8:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
www.shorestation.com

By DJL (dholio) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 8:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Hewitt makes a great product and has great customer service. Stay away from Harbor Master and Shoremaster.

By Peter Chandler (peter_c) on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 8:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Around Cali Hydro-Lift is popular. Used in salt water by where I am from and I have not heard of a problem.

By tre (tre) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 11:32 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
We had to buy a Shorestation because a shoremaster cantilever lift did not have enough vertical movement for our inboard (Supra Launch). If the lift was high enough to lift the boat out of the water, the skegs on the bottom of the boat would not clear the lift after we lowered the boat into the water (the lift would not lower enough). We lowered the lift so the skegs would clear and now the lift would not go up enough to lift the boat out of the water. Went with a Shorestation vertical style lift and had no problems all summer.

(Message edited by tre on October 31, 2003)

By Scott Steiner (motoxer) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 2:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the input. Shorestation is the direction I'm leaning toward. For roughly the cost of shipping from the other companies the Shorestation dealer will bring the thing to me and install it. BUT......... being the cheap a_s that I am I'll still be hunting for a used one all winter to try and save few bucks so if any comes across one, I'm your buyer.

By Wilson Lee (leewilson) on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 4:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I looked at Shorestation but decided on BastaMarine, bastamarine.com. drop me an email if you want to discuss.

By J. Egenrieder (eggie) on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 7:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Scott check out www.rgcproducts.com out of Buffalo, NY. I did alot of research a couple of years ago before I bought mine. I think they are more robust that Shorestation for about the same price.

By Craig Isom (cisom) on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 10:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sunstream make a very nice line of lifts. I think they're a little pricey.

http://www.sunstreamcorp.com/index.html

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com