1995 Prostar Wake? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » 1995 Prostar Wake? « Previous Next »
By Carlos H (clos) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 2:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Im looking into buying my first boat and I've come across a MASTERCRAFT PROSTAR 205. I'm really concerned with the wake created by the boat because I've read so much about V-drives and this being a direct drive causes a little hesitation on my part. Any advice is appreciated!

By Alessandro Garabaghi (pimp131) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 12:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
hey
i have a prostar 205, 1994, and its dd, and we sac it out with 1 350 in the front, and a 1 600 in the back between the engine / rear seat, and with like 4 -5 people the wake is nice, but the best part is, when u go with about 11 people and all the sacs, the wake is amazing, we ride at 75 just cause out rope dosnet go any longer.
Lemme know if u have any other questions.

By Mark Anderson (puckinshat) on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 5:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Alessandro, you have posted on a few of my threads, we have the same ride, 94 MC 205. How many hours do you have? What engine and how long does it take you to get up to speed? You think the wake is better further than 75 feet? You have subs and where did you put them?

By face planter (mastercraft1995) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 9:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a 95 PS 205 and love it. I do the same thing as pimp131 for weight. Zero problems with the boat so far. I do take very good care of it though. I have 300 hours, 275 horse, Chevy 350 throttle body injected, 3 blade (stock propellor), I don't have any problems with getting up to speed.

By dburke (dburke) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 10:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a '92 205 and run a 500+lb sac on each side of the engine leaving the front and rear of the boat open for people and gear. The boat is stock, 285hp 351 block and 3 blade prop, but I added a Titan tower. It runs great and can get up to speed pretty well at about 3/4 throttle.

By Alessandro Garabaghi (pimp131) on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 5:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have 1020hr on my boat, and she hasnt had any serious problems just the reg. maintance for a boat with a 1000hrs, it takes a lil to get on plain when we have 11 people and all the sacs, but barely enough time with 5 people in the boat. nah i dont have any subs cause i dont wanna put any stress on the already weak alt. :-P

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com