22i r leaking water Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » 22i r leaking water « Previous Next »
By Paul J. Micklos (pjmicklos) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 8:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I ran my 2001 22i r this summer for the first time. The boat was new(demo). There are two channels that go down each side of the boat. They were always very wet. My equipment stored in all of the compartments was also wet from the moisture inside the boat. The ring that is used to hold the boat on the trailer sits under the water line, which I find strange. Do you guys think this is where the water is coming from. Any other ideas. I bought this boat from a dealer about 500 miles away.

By matt broad (mattbroad) on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 12:25 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The most likely spots are the prop shaft and engine hoses. I've had the same problem with my 02'Cal-Air and the only thing you can do is fully drain and dry the boat, then take it out and have someone drive while you check all possible spots. To do this right you'll need to have the motor box off or open, and some of the floor boards off so you can access the prop shaft and packing. You might try a different dealer. The Nautique dealer in my area took my boat to a private ski lake to find and fix the problem. Good luck.

By Scott Graves (sjgraves) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 12:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had the same problem with mine. It was the bow eye. I pulled it apart, put new silicone on it and put it back together. Since then it is dry as a bone.

Scott

By Psyclone (cyclonecj) on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 1:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had a leak from my speedo system, water froze and cracked one of the the brass expansion tubes that is located in the trunk, in between the pitots and the MDC computer in my boat. It took a long time to find that one! If you have a paddle wheel speedo, never mind.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com