-Weighting Scheme- Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » -Weighting Scheme- « Previous Next »
By 2 p (yearling) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 7:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Im getting a new boat this winter. I have never placed fatsacs in a boat. I was wondering where i should put the sacs to get the best wake. Does it effect the shape? I prefer a more rampy wake.

By Kent Fowlie (kent_fowlie) on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 9:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If it's an inboard, generally more in the front to give a hard wake is what I've read and experienced. I have a big fat sac in the back and 5 pool tubes in the front. I also get people to sit in the front. That's in a 20' Sea Ray I/O.

By david k (obrienride16) on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 9:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
ya dude, let us know what the boat is, then we can help more. if its a direct drive, we run 1 full sack on each side of the engine, a fat buddy up front, and another in the back + ballast in my buddies pro air, and in the vlx, we run MLS, a full sack on each side of the engine, then another up front. like i said, it all depends on the boat, the best thing to do is play around with it.

By 2 p (yearling) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 7:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Its a 1990 malibu inboard v drive. He already has fat sacs on both sides and one in the back. I dont have to worry about overloading it, because it has 320 horse. I was wondering if this is a good place to put them or not. Thx

By Sam C (samcdog) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 8:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'd add one (500-600#) to the front of the boat.

By Maverick LTD (maverick_gear) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 10:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i agree with sam c, put one of those 550's up there. remember you don't always have to have your fatsacs COMPLETELY FULL, you can leave some water out or one or more of them to tune the wake,

By 2 p (yearling) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 3:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
thx for the advice. Im gona call the marina tonight and get some more info on what the ballast is.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com