Centurion IS here for US! Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Centurion IS here for US! « Previous Next »
By Lance (uga33) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 5:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just wanted to share a story with my fellow wakeboarders.

I recently bought a new 2002 Centurion Hurricane. I bought it at the beginning of this past summer. My very first inboard. Something I have dreamed about since I was a teenager. Anyway me and my family really enjoyed the lake all summer and loved our new boat. This past Sunday I decided I'll go ahead and do a good final clean up and pull the freeze plugs out until I get it winterized. I leaned down in the engine compartment to pull the freeze plugs and noticed 3 or 4 inch cracks on both sides of the block. I knew that I have not owned this boat during a freeze yet so I figured it was just where the paint had cracked and rusted. I took a screw driver and scraped the side of the block and could feel a ledge like it had cracked. I just got that sickening feeling. My first inboard and the dealer sold me a boat that had a cracked block. I was devastated. The dealer I had bought it from recently went out of business so I knew I could not go after them. So I took it to knew dealer and they confirmed the block was cracked. So I called Centurion. I gave them my story and they said give us your number and we will call you back. I was thinking here we go. I knew I would be calling them back. 10 minutes later my cell phone rings it is Centurion. "We will be sending our sales rep to look at your boat next week". I thought I was going to be hosed because the dealer was out of business. The guy at Centurion told me our #1 goal is to keep our customers happy. I meet the sales rep yesterday and Centurion is stepping up and taking care of my boat. People I just can't describe the feeling I got when they told me that. Now that is what I call CUSTOMER SERVICE. Here I was thinking I just paid 35,000 g's for a new boat and and the block was cracked. I thought I was screwed. I did not know what I was going to do. I know this was a little long but I thought it is great testimony.

I just want to say thank you Centurion (Tim Lopes, Steve Wedemyer, Bryan Holland, and John Beaudry). During this I got to meet Steve Wedemyer (National Sales Manager) and Bryan Holland (Southeast Sales Manager) and can not say enough about these people. They were great. Thank you for sticking by me.

Centurion Boat Owner for LIFE

By Lance (uga33) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 6:11 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I also wanted to say thank you to B&B Watercraft in Jackson, GA

By Geforce (grantmi1) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 6:33 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sweet

By Wakeboard Dad (wakeboard_dad) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 6:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Lance,

Isn't it nice to know there are big companies that still care about the customers that keep them in business. Congrats. Good job Centurion.

By Kevin R Baugh (krbaugh) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 7:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Glad to hear they are taking care of you!
They have always stepped up for me so it was no
surprise to me

By Pierce Bronkite (pierce_bronkite) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 7:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
That is some awesome customer care. Glad everything worked out for you.

By BobbyB (bobbyb) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 8:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah it seems they really stepped up to the plate and i am glad to hear that.

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 9:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Cool Glad to hear your being taken car of. I had somthing simular happen to me. The motor on my New 02 Air Nautique was ticking and the dealer thought it was a rod so the dealer had Nautique throw a new motor in my boat No charge, The boat was only away from me for less than a week.

We as boat owner should expect more from Boat company's, Althought we are happy things turned out for you and me both, I know theres lots of people that have been bent over when there boat breaks,

By ALee (aaronlee13) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 9:24 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
always nice to hear stories like that

By Scott (oshensurfer) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 10:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Same experience with Centurions Customer service here. John Beaudry is a champ.

By Jeff Reese (jeffr) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 10:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Good news… glad to see them stand behind their product!

What caused the crack to begin with?? Any idea? Be sure to post when the process of the swap is completed… I am curious how long the fix will take compared to some of the other post I have read about companies not as proactive in servicing their customers. No need to get into the BU post on the whole wedge liability issue.

Is your season over yet or will you get that thing back in the water soon?

By Lance (uga33) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 10:56 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jeff,

My blocked was cracked because apparently the dealer I bought it from used it for a demo and during last years winter he did not winterize it while it sat on his lot. As far as Centurion fixing it and how long I told them I was in no big hurry. I'm pretty much done this year when I saw this the first time I was getting ready to take it to the new dealer to get it winterized.

Hey Scott your comment about John was right on that guy has helped me with so much. I bet you I called him 20 times when I was installing my perfect pass. He walked me right through it.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com