Ebay tower speakers? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Ebay tower speakers? « Previous Next »
By stephen (scubastevebps) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 5:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was wondering if anybody has ever bought any tower speakers from ebay. I'm looking a getting a pair of these.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=23807&item=3633159918
They look sick and super cheap.

By Mark B(aka sickboy) (wakehound) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 8:36 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
My buddy has picked up 2 pairs of these for his 99 Xstar. They sound good.

By Grant (whitechocolate) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 9:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thoes loook like the Skylon Defcon Speakers,
There are review's here on W/W look them up and see what people are saying. I have heard good thing about them. I know Mike form Wakeside.com sell' them he will have more info

By Tommy G (tommyg) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 9:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i saw those the other day as well. They are definitely constructed to look like the Defcon speakers, but if you look closely, they're definitely not made by Skylon, basically a copycat. They look nice, but the clamp doesn't look as clean as the skylons. of course for 1/2 the price, still not too shabby...

By Tom Adrian (tommyadrian5) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 9:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
they are also about 1/4 of the weight of the skylons, about 12 lbs each according to the guy who fabricates them.

By Mark B(aka sickboy) (wakehound) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 1:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The cans are made out of plastic, or some other composite.

By xxxl wake (swpmwinc) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 1:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Read the description page the cans are not made out of plastic

By swass (swass) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 2:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Man, people are shameless when it comes to markup. I just bought a Neutric speakon for about $10 plus shipping:

http://www.audiogear.com/Neutrkcart.html

By Bill Forst (wforst) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 2:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I bought a pair off ebay from liquid audio that sound great they have sony speaker paid 150.00

By Tom Adrian (tommyadrian5) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 2:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
it comes with 4 neutric speakon connectors, one for each speaker, so yes, there is markup, but $20 isn't as bad as $50

By swass (swass) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 2:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Four?!? I think two 4-poles or one 8-pole will do it. Not quite as shameless, but considerable none the less.

Are you the seller? That would figure, given how my week is going.

(Message edited by swass on October 23, 2003)

By stephen (scubastevebps) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 5:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
well, I think I am going to purchase a pair of these speakers. Theres only one problem. I've been trying to contact the seller to get more info on the speakers, but I still have not recieved a reply. This is making me a little skepticle.

By Tom Adrian (tommyadrian5) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 5:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
stephen, i e-mailed the seller and got a quick response, that's odd that he hasn't got back to you, no i am not the seller swass

stephen, if you get them i'm very curious as to how they are quality and weightwise, the guy selling them told me they were 12 lbs each side, which would be fine for my "lot-o-flex" tower

keep us informed.

By robert g (robert7411) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 8:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
look at my tower box

By Tom Adrian (tommyadrian5) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 9:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
that's great robert, good for you

By Scott (oshensurfer) on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 10:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
LOL!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com