Perfect Pass stopped working Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Perfect Pass stopped working « Previous Next »
By John Jarman (disbemrj) on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 1:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
At the end of the day my perfect pass became stuck on at 18 mph. All of the control buttons on the display became inoperative. I searched the Wakeworld.com archives and found a post that told how to reset the system. In my driveway, I reset the system and it seemed to work. Yesterday I went to the lake and found that it was now turned off, but all buttons on the control were again inoperative. I had to "Drive" the boat, which made me appreciate how much I have come to depend on Perfect Pass.

Has this happened to anyone else?

A quick email to perfect Pass support got a response of "You can send the unit to us and we will replace the keypad membrane for a price of $25 US plus $18 US shipping. Or you can purchase a new display for $199 US plus $18 shipping"

Should I go for a new display or just try to get away with the keypad membrane?

By andrew zarlengo (colorider) on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 2:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wow, somebody is making money off shipping!!!!!

By Rony (dropzero) on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 4:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
John,
our PP on our X-Star quit working a month ago. I took the boat to the dealer and they said that the PP's warranty expired. They said that it would be $125 for a membrane or we could send it up to PP to get it fixed.
I am really surprised that this unit already failed. The up arrow key on our PP is dead. When you push it nothing happens so we could not get it to turn on when it asks you if you are in neutral. We rode last weekend without PP and really noticed how much we relied on it.
Let us know if you send in your unit.

By zach lemelin (lemytry) on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 5:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
in my 01 malibu wakesetter my pp stop working and the on/off button was broken it costed $50 to fix they send u a brand new system

By talltigeguy (talltigeguy) on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 7:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The PP stopped working in my 2002 Tige. Fortunately, it was still under warranty. Fixed for free. Had to replace the key pad myself (very easy) Haven't had problems since. Do they bust a lot? Maybe someone else can create a cruise control that is more reliable.

By Mike Novak (aquaholic) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 5:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had the same problem. Sent it back and they replaced the whole display under warranty. Just a note, if you can get it to work long enough to turn on it will still control the speed even without the display. I used it for a month like that until the new one came back. Only problem was everyone had to ride at the same speed.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com