What do you think is better Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » What do you think is better « Previous Next »
By Bill Forst (wforst) on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 7:21 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I need some input on what to put on my truck. 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi quad cab, cap or fiberglass tonneau?
If you have any picture it would be great. Can't seem to find any new body style dodge truck with short bed with a cap.
I'd really like some pros & con about both ways. specialy for hauling gear.

By malibudude (malibudude) on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 11:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bill,

I use the K-cover it's sectional and can fold up when needed. The fibeglas covers look great but not functional it you have large items that require it to but up while driving. The k-cover gives you flexibility self locking doesn't block visibility while up.

By Tom (tcaton) on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 3:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have the factory fiberglass tonneau on my Dodge and it's great you can lock all your gear inside and you can drive with it up if you need to haul something large. It is totaly water tite
and looks great on the truck paint was a perfect match. I will take some pics of it when I get home.

By Paul (paublo) on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 8:03 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just installed a Retrax cover on my truck and am very happy. High quality, can be locked in any position, fairly water tight, level with bed, and really looks nice on the truck. I passed on the flat fiberglass as it is a hassle to remove when you have to haul anything higher than the bed rails. I looked at the Pace and other folding covers, but this was a lot better quality.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com