i've decided on my new boat Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » i've decided on my new boat « Previous Next »
By Jonny Bekkestad (jonnyb) on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 5:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i am going to get the 2004 SAN but i do not know which to get, signature, limited or team.

I am pretty sure i will not get the signature because of the lack of options as standard, but my basic question is now wherter to get the limited or the team edition.
When looking at the specification i can see that the team has plenty more standard equipment but i though that the teram was an extention to the limited one, that meaning that the team edition would have all that the limited one plus lots more. But now i see that they have totaly different options.
What would you have? its not that much the money issue cause i am getting al really good deal on any of them.

help me choose...

/Jonny

By Sam C (samcdog) on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 6:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I don't know all what is different from the 03 to the 04 options, but I chose the team because it was cheaper to get the team than to add on to a limited. The 03 limited didn't come w/ a tower, perfect pass, ballast tanks or helm controls. I didn't really want the kicker upgraded stereo, but everything else on the team I did. Don't know if this helps, but that's my 2 cents

By John Nelson (wissota) on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 6:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Get the TEAM! I got the 03 TEAM} with heater, dripless packing, pull out cleats & cover options. It came with clarion & sub, 3 tanks, jump seat. The only way i would have gotten the others is if i had unlimited time to add options myself & a shop to do it in, or i had ulimited $ which to pay someone to install. Either way it is stil smarter & cheaper to buy it done

By Salmon Tacos (salmon_tacos) on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 8:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The main reason I've heard for getting a Limited is that it has flat ballast tanks rather than angled ones. I guess that allows you to add bigger sacks in the back and have more storage with the sacks empty.

By wake_fun (wake_fun) on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 9:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Go to the Nautique web site and download the pdf file that shows the difference and options between the Limited and the Team. Do you need every single thing the Team comes with? Can you live with a few of the Team options on a Limited? Who knows? Go check that chart out and you will find out. You can get flat ~400lb tanks or wedged ~520lb tanks in EITHER the Limited or Team. Good luck! My dealer had an 04 Limited with damn near every Team option on it except the big stereo; plus docking lights, pop up cleats, heater, and table (which are options on both boats) for a ASKING price of 52K.

By Maverick LTD (maverick_gear) on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 9:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'd Get the team... but if you are goin to buy a nautique why don't you just find a good used one and save yourself a boatload of money there all the same damn thing anyway, the only real noticable difference on the 04 is the tubing

By wake_fun (wake_fun) on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 10:39 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah, like I did.........I saved over 25K buying a 1995 Super Sport and I'm having as much fun on the water as the guy next to me driving an 04'

By cdm (cdm) on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 11:30 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Get the TEAM Edition. "We must all suffer from one of two pains: The pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces, While regret weighs tons."

By David D (wakeguru) on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 1:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think what cdm is trying to say is to spare no expense.
Good deals on an '04 this early?
Sweetness.

By David D (wakeguru) on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 1:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Chris, you're supposed to say "buy a new X-Star".
ha ha

I think the question you need to ask yourself is this:
How much pain can your wallet handle without regreting the discipline.

By Phil Veit (bigjackamo) on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 2:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
There are several 03's posted on this website (including mine, hint, hint). Any you can get all the options you will ever want and save about $10k over an 04.

By Jonny Bekkestad (jonnyb) on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 5:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks all for all teh info, i am still trying to decide what to get, i am truggeling with what i need and what i want, the money is not the problem its more an issue of do i really need everything. As for getting a used one, i doubt anyone here can get me a use SAN TE fully loaded with everything listed in CC homepage for about $40K, that is the price i got from the dealer.

By DJL (dholio) on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 5:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
They giving the boat away or what? for that price, it would be a no brainer. You are talking 12-14 less than most dealers would quote you on that boat.

By tmorefi (tmorefi) on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 5:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's all about what your dealer will do for you. I got a Limited with ALL of the options of the team except the jump seat and it has the flat tanks instead of the angled ones and was 5k less. The only difference in the ones I looked at was the crappy kicker stereo and the 100 lb. difference in tanks. That's not worth the extra money in my opinion.

By Jonny Bekkestad (jonnyb) on Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 12:53 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
what is wrong with the kicker stereo, i've heard some people backtalk it. isnt it that good?

By Sam C (samcdog) on Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 4:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If money isn't a problem get a loaded team. The kicker system is ok, but I would rather do the stereo myself. I looked at buying used, but with the little difference in price, warranty, and getting EXACTLY what you want pushed me to a new SAN TE. Only regret is that I live in IL and it's almost winterization time.

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 8:25 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
40K? I don't think so

By Jonny Bekkestad (jonnyb) on Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 11:16 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well Tom, there is nothing i can do about that. Just say that is the case. Anyone knows where i can read more about the kicker system, i would like to get more info about it

By Phil Veit (bigjackamo) on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 6:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you have a new or even used 03 team for $40 with all options you should jump on it now. I can assure you a dealer is loosing money if it is new.

As far as the Kicker System, I would agree with the previous post. It is good not great. Putting the sub in a box for 04 helps.

By Jonny Bekkestad (jonnyb) on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 1:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Phil, i have a new 04 for $40K + 3 for the trailer. What otehr sound system would you recommend if not the kicker?

By Phil Veit (bigjackamo) on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 1:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've had two boats with the Kicker system and one that I put in myself. The one that I put in myself sounded as good as the Kicker system, however it took me a while to do it all. For me I would just stick to the Kicker system.

Besides, since you have a 04 Team Edition for $43k, why do you care about the price of the stereo and how good it is. The Kicker system is standard on the Team. Get it and add to it if you want.

Sorry, still don't buy it that you have a "SAN TE fully loaded with everything listed in CC homepage for about $40K"

By Jefe (eljefepequeno) on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 2:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Gotta agree with Phil.

Make sure you post pics when you get it.

By bruce walker (bruce) on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 7:15 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Go with a used one and put the $10,000 you saved back for a nicer one later on down the road. You get the boat for The Wake not the pop up cleats, nifty stereo and some packless dripping gland.

Save your money- That's is a whole lotta boat sitting in the driveway for 3-6 mths out of the year.

By Jonny Bekkestad (jonnyb) on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 8:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Phil i dont have it yet, but i am going to place the order as soon as i get my other boat sold, which should be fairly soon and i am waiting for some taxreturn as well. The offer i got was MSRP -30% on any new boat + $2600 for single axle trailer or $3000 for tandem.
And i am not interested in all the things that CC has on their homepage.
Like i would not get flip up seat, heater, PP for slalom and jump, rear tow pylon, shower and CD changer. These things do not interest me at all. And i am not sure if i should get the tower speakers or if i should go for the Defcon IV.

Jefe... I sure will post pics as soon as i get it.

Bruce, correction.... its almost november and we have high 90s over here and the lowest it gets is about 50 in Januari and that would be nighttime..., i am using my current boat approx. 10months a year right now.

By Toni Walbridge (cabalisticfire) on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 10:40 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
jonnyb-

Which dealer are you working with? I'm in the market and that sounds like a good deal.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com