Fat Sac question Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Fat Sac question « Previous Next »
By Cam Warner (cam_warner) on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 12:01 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
OK, I've got a stupid question......when you empty your fat sacs, where should the fitting be? At the top or bottom? I always have a hard time priming the pump when emptying the sacs, which makes them suck out a bunch of air and no water....Any hints?

By Geforce (grantmi1) on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 8:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wehn I cant move it I shove a hose into the sac and then I step on teh other end, also I try to get the pump lower than the top of the sac by bending it over. The first section of the hose should be going down and then up and out of the boat. Also you need to step on the other end of teh sac. Other things that work is blowing and sometimes sucking on the other end, (no joke).

Once the sac is empty enough I flip it over on its side so teh pump is lower then the rest of the sac, or I lift up the other end and hold it up in the air why the end with the pump empties.

By Rod McInnis (rodmcinnis) on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 1:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The typical pump used for this sort of thing is NOT self priming, so the water has to be able to flow into the pump on its own.

Normally, the water will start to flow regardless of where the fitting is. When we take the plug out of our fat sac it turns into a nice fountain! I suppose that is because we allways pumped it up till it bulged a little, so if you don't fill yours that full you may have to ensure that the pump is lower than the bag.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com