After market DVD players Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » After market DVD players « Previous Next »
By mark (propkiller) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 1:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am thinking of putting an after market DVD player in a 2003 Tahoe. Has anyone had one installed? How good does it work? What brand's are better than others?

Thanks

By Tom (tcaton) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 1:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a kenwood excelon in dash dvd with touch screen and two 8 inch widescreen monitors on the front seat headrests in a 2002 Dodge Caravan also has a 6.5 screen that comes out of the head unit in the dash. I have had it for about a year now and it works great has nav and tv plus am/fm cd mp3 dolby digital 5.1 surround sound. Head unit fits in place of stock stereo then the processor is under the front seat. It never skips while driving and Tv comes in good even while driving, we looked at several brands before deciding on Kenwood also have a 10 disc changer and playstation on it Kids love it and they can listen to a movie on there headphones while we listen to music. I installed it myself it not to hard to do.

(Message edited by tcaton on October 16, 2003)

By Jason Craveiro (s4inor) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 2:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Kenwood will be releasingn the KVT-915 in the spring, so I would hold off for that if you're stuck on Kenwood.

Otherwise, the Alpine IVA-D900 is incredible, and really sets the standard for the other manufactures in terms of feature, quality and ergonomics (not to mention the incredible image quality of the screen).

Assuming you're looking for an integrated multimedia headunit, the Alpine is the only way to go in my opinion.

If you're just looking for a DVD player, make sure you get a vaccum assist loading model, as they last much longer and provide better tracking than tray loading models.

By Maverick LTD (maverick_gear) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 6:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I think the Kenwood is the best one to get it is touch screen and alot easier to control than the others i have played with, it is kinda hard to install on your own i.e. there is a brain that goes under your seat besides the deck itself but i put it in my tahoe and it worked great, one of the benifits to doing the install yourself is that you can make the dvd player work while your driving

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com