2003 Centurion bilge pump help Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » 2003 Centurion bilge pump help « Previous Next »
By joe sprague (joeysprague) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 9:48 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have an 03' Elite-Vdrive. This past weekend on the lake, the bilge pump would not turn off, period. The switch for the bilge pump did nothing, the pump just stayed on and didn't go off until I disconnected the battery after I got the boat out of the water. Any advice? Would this be a Centurion issue or Mercruiser issue? Is the floater maybe stuck?

By Maverick LTD (maverick_gear) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 9:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
it could be a couple things. you might try hitting the pump if you can get at it that way you can determine if the float is bad or not then you could try swapping switches, take the stereo on and off one and swap it to the bilge one and see if that solves if it does then you could just put a 2 way switch in there and manually use the bilge pump from then on or......

By Mark B (markb) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 5:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
sounds to me like it's stuck on automatic. I believe that the only thing the switch on the dash does is to turn it on manually. Most likely the float inside the pump is stuck. Just tap on it or take it out and unstick it.

By Millerman (millerman) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 8:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I had this problem in mine. It was a matter of cleaning out the bildge. I think there was something jammed inside, and once I cleaned it, it was working like new again.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com