How important is a speaker quick rele... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » How important is a speaker quick release ??? « Previous Next »
By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 12:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It seems few tower speakers have quick release mounts to allow you to quickly remove the speakers from the tower. Love to hear some feedback on how important this is and if you would spend an extra $50 or $100 on a set of tower speakers to get a quick release?

By Troy Lindstrom (troyl) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 1:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Personally, I would not, because to me that just makes it simpler to take. I would pay extra for some really cool a tamper proof hardware like a torkz drive. Kind of like wheel locks.

But, then again, I store my boat in my garage tower up and am only worried about simple quick theft at the dock.

By Jeff Reese (jeffr) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 1:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Good question. I personally don’t like the idea of a quick release speaker… one more thing to worry about putting away when the boat is just sitting. Just makes it easier for your speakers to ‘walk away.’

Now if you could do some sort of key locking mechanism that would be “quick release” and lockable… now then you would have something!

So when will you be selling monster speakers?? Any insight you can pass along yet?

By Greg (lucky) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 1:32 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I do have a need for quick release, as I either store my boat on a lift or in a car port. I think this is a good idea.

By Bill J (sdboardr99) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 1:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
It's very important to me since I frequently have the boat parked out on the street. A pair of nice speakers on the tower just screams "steal me and the stereo too!".

Plus I tow 3 or 4 hours out to the river and don't want my speakers covered in bugs...

By salty87 (salty87) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 1:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i also take my speakers down everytime i go out. i park in the driveway with the tower up. ryno-brackets, can't remember how much they were. they work great.

By Wake Products (tahoe) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 1:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Most of our customers who have ordered our Removable Speaker Studs were due to having their speakers taken while mooring their boats overnight, or leaving their boat in their driveways. The great thing about removeable speakers is that you can take them down in seconds & lock them in your storage if leaving your boat for any extended period. http://www.wakeproducts.com/accessories/stud.html

A good thief will get your speakers off your tower regardless if you are using Torkz Screws, Loctite or whatever prevention method you can think of. So if they aren't available to steal, they can't run off with your speakers. That's another reason all our Board Racks are removeable also.

My $.02

Chris
WakeProducts.com

By Levi Cress (levi) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 2:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'd pay extra since my boat sits in a "semiprivate" storage area. A locking quick release would be awesome! You could lock them if you left your boat at a dock for a few hours, and take them w/ you until next weekend.

By salty87 (salty87) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 2:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
nice speakers dangling from the tower just scream...i've got at least 1 amp too!!

its a lot harder to see the wires hanging down at night.

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 6:39 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks so much for the great feedback. We are doing research as we are obviously developing speakers and wanted to get feedback on the need for a quick release.

I'm from the old school, which means there's nothing to talk about until something is ready to be delivered. Murphy and his "$^#(%&#" laws eventually teach you to be patience.

I promise the first people to know the details of what we are shipping will be on the discussion boards.

Were cooking up a few new dishes for the 2004 season as I'm sure all the other tower guys are as well.

Thanks again !

By Bob (bob) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 8:44 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Its Bill, right, anything with horns in it??

By B T Lowe (ofwc) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 9:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
...and big, pro-audio 8's?

By Duane (nvsairwarrior) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 4:27 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Are you guys setting some bait for me or what?
Since I'm about to loose my job, maybe I should start marketing my speaks. Each pair consists of 4 pro audio 8's and 2 HLCDrivers.
The other thing I would consider doing different then all the rest, is include the right AMP in the deal. One that has been proven to work well with the full set-up.

By Scooby Doo (oshensurfer) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 4:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Duane,
Gotta give you props where it's due, your system looks sweet and your philosophy is right on in outdoor music environment. Plus the Nvert guys charge way too f-ing much for their gear and need some competition. Let me know when you start, I'll get rid of my cans and be interested in getting on of your gigs. I'm sure I wouldn't be the last.

-scott

(Message edited by oshensurfer on October 15, 2003)

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 8:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Gotta stay zip lipped until they are shipping but love to hook up with Duane as we are open to all options, like to have you give me a call at 877-77-Tower. If theres a lower cost option with pro audio components I'd love to make it available to our customers.

We want to sell the NVert products also and hope to once they get caught up - not cheap stuff but I'm impressed by their products.

Bill

(Message edited by monstertower on October 15, 2003)

By Duane (nvsairwarrior) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 9:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
First of all, Bill, sorry for jumping in on your thread. But I just couldn't resist the "big 8's" and "horns" comment.
Scooby Doo, thanks for the kind words and I only wish my ride looked as nice as yours does.
As far as the speaks go, I have been contacted via pm by a couple of west coast accessory guys after posting my shizzel a few months back but haven't hooked up with anyone just yet. I do know that several of the guys are close to releasing some differrent new stuff. Some have made reference to "Horns", "Lo Power and Hi Sensitivity" which would lead be to think that my concept may be catching on.
So, if someone wants to put something together NOW, lets see if we can put this together right here, Right Now. What I would need to go forward is some nice looking 8" dia cans (sealed) along with space for a 6" x 7" horn, quick disconnect for various tower tube diameters for less than $150 a pair. Once again, each assembly would have space for 2 8's and the horn.
The first one that can show up with this wins a big system.
I am not going to pretend to have the best system on the water, but I am willing to share the sound with anyone that wants to come and listen. (Free pull included) If this interrests you then contact me via pm. I'm in Disco Bay on the Cali Delta. Or, nvsairwarrior@yahoo.com

By Lance (uga33) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 8:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Since we are talking about tower speakers I have a question for people that have them. I don't have them but I want to install some this winter. I was concerned about them being waterproof. If you are on the lake and the bottom falls out with they be ruined. What about long trips and getting rained on while towing.

By Duane (nvsairwarrior) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 2:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Lance, not sure what you mean exactly with "on the lake and the bottom falls out" sentence but I can tell you some speakers RESIST moisture and full on water spray or rain better than others, but not submersion. If somebody says that they do, I would have them demonstrate it in a 5 gallon bucket of your lake/river water. Furthermore, I think you'd have bigger problems to worry about if I interpret your question correctly.
I would support the idea} that towing, or towing in the rain is another situation that would support the "quick release" idea for your tower speakers.

By Lance (uga33) on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 7:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Duane sorry for the confusion you interpreted correctly. I have been on the lake before and the sun was shining an hour later it was raining so hard I could not see where I was going. It sounds like the quick release would not be a bad idea in those cases.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com