New prop on our Sanger V210 Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » New prop on our Sanger V210 « Previous Next »
By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 10:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
After busting our prop last Sat. I ordered a new ACME 653 three blade from Rich's. Red lable shipping was expensive ( $55 ) but prop was not $299. We ran it all weekend around Laughlin, Awesome!!!! Lots of power out of the Hole! 0 to 35mph in a fraction of the time. Pulled the biggist guy out with only a quarter throttle. Its like a bigger engine! Thanks to the guys at Rich's Prop Shop & ACME!!!

Sorry for the long post, just happy with another product recommended on this site.

By Mike J (deltajake) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 10:51 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am not up to speed on what prop will work the best. I have a stock prop from the factory & get every one up fine. Do you compromise speed changing to the new prop?

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 6:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
what size is it?

By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 4:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mike, as we added ballast and people to the boat she started to take a little longer to plane. Stock prop was an OJ 13 x 13 4 blade. When we went to Shaver lake, 6k elevation, it was almost a problem. We still got everyone up but it took quite a while to plane.

Ty the new prop is 13 x 11.5 3 blade 1 1/8"bore.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 4:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
to make a long story short i ended up with a 4 blade oj 13x14. i just added more ballast and am wondering if i am going to be investing soon in a new prop.

By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 5:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes. Talk to one of the guys at ACME. They can give you the correct prop. 14 seems very high. Do you feel the need for speed? Are you having problems getting out of the hole?

How much weight and where?

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 6:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I got a 13x11.5 Acme 3 blade .080 model 525. I don't have anything to compare it to but it is awesome. With 5 peeps, 550 pounds of lead, 200 pounds of stereo & a full tank it goes from stop to 24 mph in about 3 seconds on 1/4 throttle. WOT speed is around 44mph @ 5000 but I only held there for a second or 2 because I am still running it in, it might creep up a bit higher with time. I'll be adding 700 in the floor & 500's in the back this weekend so I'll give an updated performance then.

By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 7:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Awesome Darren.

Details on that install??

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 7:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Finished apart from the tower box, the painter is a butthead and has had the box for 7 weeks but still haven't finished it yet. It should have it for next weekend. Maybe.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 6:45 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i am going to see if my buddy at the boat shop will swap me out.

By Bryce (sandman) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 4:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I also have an ACME 13 x 11.5 3-blade 1 1/8bore but it is model #525. What is different on the #653?

By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 8:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Cup size baby. Its all about the cup. lol.

mine is.060 yours is .080 probably doesnt matter.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com