Suggestions for $20K Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Suggestions for $20K « Previous Next »
By Andrea Woodhams (andreaw1215) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 6:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here's the situtation:
I'm looking to buy a boat this summer(2004), and will have a price range of about 15-20k. I'm a college student right now, so I would prefer to keep it closer to the 15k end of that price range. My requirements are only that it needs an open bow and potential for a good wake. In addition to that, I really would like to find a v-drive model, both for the sundeck on the back, and the convenience of the seating arrangement. However, direct drive is acceptable.

So, my request to all of you is for suggestions of different types of boats to consider.

Possibilities that I've found so far include:
1. mastercraft prostar 205
2. malibu sunsetters
3. sport natiques

I'd really like to hear some feedback about these boats, or any others that fit the criteria above.

Thanks!
Andrea

By Justin Waterson (jwat142) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 7:34 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Here ya go: http://www.flipsell.com/Phase3/home/DispVehicle.asp?VehicleID=5001

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 9:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Keep in mind the prostar 205 is the same hull as the X-2 just is a DD. You should be able to weight it and get a similiar wake as an X-2 (old X-star).

By Bill Pence (00prostar205v) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 12:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sanger DLX (Direct Drive) mid to late 90's. Probably not the best wakeboarding boat. Very versatile if you ski, however. Also right in your $ range.
I would look at alot of DD open bow boats from Malibu, CC, MC, Centurion, Tige. Look at ALOT of boats and do not be hurried. Find the boat you want from the RIGHT PREVIOUS OWNER (garaged, cleaned, fresh water only, meticulous maintenance, etc). Then pay a little bit to have a boat shop (not the sellers) check the engine and mechanical systems. At least have them check the compression. Good Luck.

By trace (trace) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 8:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
early (96 or 97) Malibu Sunsetter VLX's can be found for that price - same SV23 hull as an 04 VLX.

By Brad Albertazzi (tazz) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 1:49 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I just bought a 98 centurion elite V-drive with 70 hrs for 18,000. open bow,great boat, just does not have some of the new upgrades like tower, ice chest and pull out carpet. found it on boat trader. theres one there now for 22,000 but at this time of year you can work a sweet deal.

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 6:36 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Good advice from Bill, This time of year especially. Don't hurry, most people will wheel and deal a little about now.

By Maverick LTD (maverick_gear) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 11:50 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
you should to go for a 90-96 sport nautique its hull is almost the same as a SAN with 2 550 and 2 350 sacs and some people that wake is very nice no trough and a clean consistent pop!! nautiques hold there value really good too....

By Greg Miller (g_miller) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 4:49 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
There are a few 97 sunsetter VLX's on boattraderonline.com for under 20k

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com