Getting the best out of a Malibu LXI ... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Getting the best out of a Malibu LXI Wake « Previous Next »
By Scott Stewart (scottstewart) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 5:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have a new Malibu Respone LXI and i am having trouble getting the wake up to scratch...ie its not 'punchy' enough...I do not have a wedge & only want to use weight (lead & water sacks) to achieve optimal wake. Does anybody (who doesnt use a wedge) have any advice on weight distribution in the boat??}

By Blabelmooch (blabel) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 8:22 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You may want to ask Robert. He sacks his boat down and does not use a wedge. He has a sunsetter Lxi though.

http://www.wakeworld.com/cgi-bin/Discus4/board-profile.pl?action=view_profile&profile=bringit-users

By Sean M (magic) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 8:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
A 60% rear and 40% front weight distribution is all ways a good starting point in most boats.

I have a DD too and find that to be good for wakeboarding.

By Blabelmooch (blabel) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 9:28 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Oh yeah, I rode behind a response once with a fat seat in the back and a full size sack up front and the wake was pretty nice. That was with the wedge though.

By Tim Krutz (timmy) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 10:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
i have a sunsetter lxi and highly recommend the wedge. right now my wedge is awaiting a part and I can't use it, so we are using the boat unwedged and the wake just isn't the same.

By Scott Stewart (scottstewart) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 6:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks Everyone for your help, i have a wedge plate on the boat so i have lined up to borrow someones wedge on the weekend

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com