Pitots and PerfectPass Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Pitots and PerfectPass « Previous Next »
By swass (swass) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 7:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I don't use/need my pitots now that I have PerfectPass. One of the tubes started leaking where it connects under the dash. Can I disconnect the one that's leaking and just plug the end of the tube with something? I don't see why not, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Thanks.

By Lee Tudor (leetudor) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 8:20 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bend it back together and put a wire tie on it.

By KStateAlumni(aka Bradley Beach) (bbeach) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 8:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Seriourly stick a golf tee into the end of the tube and use a zip tie to secure it. This will plug it up perfectly.

By swass (swass) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 8:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I was thinking super glue, but I like your idea better. Thanks for the suggestion.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 8:50 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
when they seal off irrigation drip line which is the same they fold it and put a zip tie on it.

By KStateAlumni(aka Bradley Beach) (bbeach) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 8:54 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
When I installed my perfect pass thats what my buddy told me to use to plug that hose and it hasn't leaked yet. Plus by using the golf tee if you ever remove the perfect pass and sell the boat you can replace it with a standard speedo and still use the hose!

By andrew zarlengo (colorider) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 9:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Swass, Golf tee is what I used and it actualy says to use a tee in the perfect pass instruction manual. I have a few million of them if you need one. see you this weekend

By swass (swass) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 9:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I don't know...I saw the weather: I think you'll be droppin' me like a bad habit.

Instruction manual? You read those things?

By Matt Legge (leggester) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 10:02 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I thought Standley was closed? Where you headed Andy?

Swass the wimp? The Lady? Girlie boy? 8)

By andrew zarlengo (colorider) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 12:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We may be going out to CC on saturday, if the weather hold, but is supposed to be colder. Swass, We will still do your install even if the weather is nice. Will be fun.

By Matt Legge (leggester) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 2:42 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ah! We're shooting for Sunday at Chatfield. Supposed to be warmer.

Have fun!

By Bruce Thomas (sprucie) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 11:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Swass I pulled the pitot off the back and removed the all the tubing. I had a fiberglass guy fill the screw holes and the hole in the transom where the tube exited the hull. Then he sprayed new gelcoat. Made for a nice clean removal and four less holes in the hull near/below the waterline.

Might be a bit extreme but I guess I'm just anal about some things.......?

By Daniel Galloway (mississippireb) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 12:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What is a pitot, I noticed a switch on the dash of my new boat that has that word on it, and I don't have a clue what it means.

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 1:14 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Those are the speedo pick up tubes at the back of the boat.

By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 8:02 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
The speedo on our boat lags behind a few seconds on throttle up (dual pitot tubes), is this normal?

Does the paddle wheel driven speedo on the PPass do that too?

thanx

By Darren Yearsley (ralph) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 8:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes mine too, don't know, no!

By Phaeton (phaeton) on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 8:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Should be a common problem. The tubes need to build up with pressure.

The paddle wheel would help in that matter.

www.Wake-Me.com

By Bruce Thomas (sprucie) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 1:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Wes the paddle wheel is instant but I would only consider putting one in if you are installing perfectpass.

New MCs use only a paddle wheel with no pitots then PP can plug and play if you will into their speed system.

By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 5:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks!

By Psyclone (cyclonecj) on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 8:03 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Bruce,
I am so happy to get rid of my Pitots that I replaced the speedo with the PP gauge. If I'm not towing, I really don't care how fast I'm going anyway! If you are not using them, plug the hoses near where they enter the boat. I had a leak last spring that was caused by a cracked expansion tube. It took a long time to find, it was a small but persistent leak

By Bruce Thomas (sprucie) on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 5:11 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Psyclone I thought my leak in the rear was from the very same thing but after glassing the holes the leak continues. I will have to wait until next year to trace it too cold now.

Paddle wheels are a the difference between guessing and knowing.

By Psyclone (cyclonecj) on Wednesday, November 05, 2003 - 11:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
They are the FUTURE!
Or a 100$ GPS from Wally World

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com