2001 moomba outback??????? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » 2001 moomba outback??????? « Previous Next »
By jamie (feere2084) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 4:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I can get a 2001 moomba outback for around 30000Cdn /20000usd. is this a good price. it's supposed to have low hrs and be in good shape. tower/ballast/stero system/tailer/cover/ect. whats the deal with thease boats????????

By Tsunami (insane) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 5:16 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Moomba are made to be low cost. and it SHOWS I would say buy an older better boat. It will be a lot better in the long run.

By EUSTACE (eustace) on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 5:09 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jamie, I have a 01' Outback, this boat has been great for me, it's all comes down to what you can afford and are comfortable with.

The lower cost of the Moomba is most evident in the finish, the high end boats defiantly are plusher and have nicer creature comforts, but Moomba uses the same Motors, Trans, and other mechanicals that most of the other boat company’s use.

Here we go again!!

By jamie (feere2084) on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 5:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
thats why i want a moomba because of the low cost. I can't afford a $50000 boat. I'am only 19 and work full time, not making a whole lot of money. thanks

By woody (bwood) on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 4:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I picked up a 2000 mobius V for 26000 and love it. Yes, it's not as nice as some but the wake is the same and you save money.

By Cliff Griffin (seattle) on Thursday, October 09, 2003 - 6:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Jamie,

I own a 2000 Mob-V with over 400hrs on it. I run 2000lbs of ballast on a regular basis, and I've never had a mechanical problem with it. As far as wakes go, I'm very pleased with it compared to the high end manufactures wakes. Another positive aspect of the Moomba line is they hold there blue book value well over time.

By Mike Morris (upupnaway) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 3:18 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I beleive it to be a great boat for the money. I realise that not all wakeboarders have money falling out of..........anyway, I have a 98 mobius that throws a wake above my knee. It still looks and runs great, and the NADA value of the boat is well above what I paid for it. The trade values I have gotten for it make me see that I did in fact make a good choice.

BTW, the average retail on that boat is 23,713.
http://www.nadaguides.com

By B T Lowe (ofwc) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 7:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
FYI -

Moombas are a great VALUE, and Tsunami is a Calabria dealer...

By Brian Harlan (bri_guy) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 6:38 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Moomba's are a great boat and they don't take you to the cleaners when it comes time to pay for them which leaves you plenty of cash for gas. The quality is definitly there just the fit and finish is a little less flashy, but then when does the fit and finish help you behind the boat. They are also the highest reselling boat on the market which means when that day comes that you want to get into something a lot bigger or whatever the Outback is an easy boat to sell. Good luck....

By Wakeboard Dad (wakeboard_dad) on Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 12:01 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I researched this for several months and Moombas are a great value. Wake is awesome and options are a good value. For a boat, the fit and finish are just fine. I'll tell you, I'll feel bad when one of my kids dings my new mobius lsv but not as bad as I would if they dinged my $50,000+ "big 3" boat.

And Tsunami, I think you do this industry a great disservice by boat bashing and blatantly promoting your brand. I've seen your posts on other boards using 2 names. Unfortunately, your attitude gives dealers a bad rep. I'm glad your out west. All the dealers I've come in contact with do everything to talk up their brand and nothing to talk down their competitors.

Maybe your time would be better spent going to some basic sales training.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com