Weighting a 94 MC Prostar 205 Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » Weighting a 94 MC Prostar 205 « Previous Next »
By Mark Anderson (puckinshat) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 4:04 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've got a 94 MC Prostar 205 and I was wondering what my weighting options are. I bought a fat seat, but if its too full, the wake gets really washy. Tube sac for the ski locker??? Also, where can I put subs??? What do you guys think on a Monster Tower???

By NAW (ripr) on Thursday, October 09, 2003 - 8:17 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
monster Tower=Sweet

We have a '99 205 and put two side sacs on each side of the motor (350 each), 200 under the bow cushions and a 550 lb sack in the trunk.

You can use your fat seat, just take a side sac and put it in the bow.

By Sean M (magic) on Thursday, October 09, 2003 - 9:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
We used to weigh down a '92 205.

One fat sac in the back (back seat removed) and wake was smallish with a nice shape

Two fat sacs, on either side of the motor but towards the rear a bit, the wake got bigger and still keep its shape.

Like NAW mentions, put some additional weight up front and keep the weight in the back and wake gets even bigger still keeping its shape.

By Jeff Reese (jeffr) on Thursday, October 09, 2003 - 10:15 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Sean… so what you are saying is to just keep adding weight. You have been hanging around with Lawrence too long. That’s what happens when you go to the dark side. Give me a call later… got some speaker questions for you. Riding this weekend??

Mark…. as a guide line… try starting with 60% weight in the rear… 40% in the front and go from there. If you are running a full fat seat in the back you will need more than a locker sack in the front to balance it out.

I have not ridden behind the monster tower… saw one at the lake last week though... they sure look good for the price! Lots of happy owners have posted about them on WW.

Subs… anywhere they will fit.

By Sean M (magic) on Thursday, October 09, 2003 - 1:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ah, mister future LSV talking about adding weight...

We should be on Sammamish Sat morning, not sure what time yet though. I'll call ya later. Super busy at work as all ways. At least while on confernce calls I can surf the web.

By Mark Anderson (puckinshat) on Thursday, October 09, 2003 - 4:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
With all the weight will my tired old 275 EFI with 1100 hours be able to get up and out of the water???

By Sean M (magic) on Thursday, October 09, 2003 - 8:54 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
change the prop if it does not. Go to one of the new ACME props and you will be fine.

By Alessandro Garabaghi (pimp131) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 4:19 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I got a 94 prostar 205, with a 600lb fly high bladder sac inbetween the rear seat and engine, and a 350lb straightline launch up front, all the way up, the wake is nice enough for people to throw down wirlys n 7s ... heres a link to a couple of movies behind our boat with 4 -5 people, btw we use an old zero flex flyer tower, kinda ridgied and has a few surface cracks on itm boat has 920hrs as of last weekend when hooked up to the computer. she is a 275 and when running good, has no problem coming out of the hole ... never going past 3,000, and crusing at 2250 - 2300 ... lemme know if u got ne more questions...

By Alessandro Garabaghi (pimp131) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 4:21 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
sorry, here are the links (best if u download the file to ur computer then watch it)
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=9236
and
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=9205

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com