80s and 90s Nautiques question for th... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » 80s and 90s Nautiques question for the experts... « Previous Next »
By David (tparider) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 12:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I know that this has probably been visited in the past, but could someone enlighten me on the price difference (relative to the other boats mentioned here), wake difference, and hull shape among the different models of 80s and 90s Nautiques? How would you rate them in terms of overall performance/relability and wake solidity?

late 80s Nautique 2001
early to mid 90s Ski Nautique
early to mid 90s Super Sport
90s Sport Nautique
early 90s Nautique Excel

And the final question - compare the above to the 2000-2003 Air and Super Air Nautique.

Thanks for the help.

By bruce walker (bruce) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 1:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
You should read through the archives. This horse has been beat many times.

btw- The 2001 has a great wake with 500# in the rear.

The SAN has remained unchanged for several years, again read the archives. There is much info there for the gleaning.

By pwork (siuski) on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 6:29 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The 2001 wake is steeper (because the hull is skinney-er)than a early '90s with weight. The 2003 SAN is much larger, but not as steep (it is steeper than the MC's BU's) as the older SN's. My 93 SN IMO performs better than the 2001 with the same weight, because it has more hp and better hull, and it turns a little better. With that said, the 2001 is still a great boat, and the 2003 SAN was unreal. It's not a fair comparison to the early 90's boats.

By David (tparider) on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 7:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the input pwork...

By Troy Lindstrom (troyl) on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 8:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
David,

I have some real world experience since I sold my 94 SN and now have a 03 SAN.

I had to run over 2200 lbs in the 94 to get the wake to "match" what my SAN does with 1400. (900 factory + 500 lead)

The wake in the 94 was excellent but took a lot of work each trip to clean up. Each time people moved much the wake would change. Very sensitive. Some days it would be too vert.

The SAN is also sensitive to weight change, but not nearly as bad.

The new SAN gets better Fuel mileage (both boats were injected)
My 94 was bombproof and never let me down in 9 years and 1200hrs. Fuel injection seems very key to the years of trouble free hours to me.

Gear reduction trans on my 94 seemed to make it perform better with all that weight then other boats, even newer boats with more HP.

If I didnt need more seating I never would have sold the boat.

94 SN has timeless lines and if the colors are not teal and black, then its hard for most people to guess the year if the boat is clean.
Rear transome slope looks great, but is in the way of putting on your board and allows rollers to roll right up and in an overloaded boat.

By David (tparider) on Sunday, October 12, 2003 - 9:34 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for the detailed comparison, Troy.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com