legroom in VLX Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » legroom in VLX « Previous Next »
By Bobby Mucic (bobbymucic) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 2:53 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
What do you VLX owners think of the legroom?

I think I would prefer less..my seat doesn't seem to move close enough to the dash.

I'm 6'1 and would prefer to sit even closer than my seat moves forward. I'm thinking of taking the seat off the rails to check out how it is mounted. Maybe I can bolt it forward so it slides to where I like it, but can still be moved back a bit.

Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks

By Jason Craveiro (s4inor) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 8:08 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you lift up the bottom seat cushion you can remove the seat from the rails and re-drill the mounting holes.

I'm very surprise you're finding that you wish it was further forward, we've never had anyone bring that up on MBO.

By Alan (tigeal) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 8:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I'm 5'-8" and am O.K. with it all the way forward but if it did go further yet I probably would use it. I have thought about raising it up though as visibilty over the bow is marginal for me.
Let us know how it goes if you do move it.

By George Andrew Amodei (ballast) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 9:10 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I own a '03 VLX and wish the same. I'ts mounted too far back . All my other boats i've owned were mounted closer to the dash.

By S Dub (sdub) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 1:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Im 6'2", same problem

By Tsunami (insane) on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 2:05 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
As you might know I'm looking for a new boat and the best legroom is in the Calabria Cal-Air Pro-V. I'm 6'5" and have been in every boat in the market the Pro-V has the best room for me, my girl friend who is 5' and 110lbs wet all boobies ha ha ha says she loves the boat she can see out all the time even when i'm wakesurfing.

By WakeNup (hockeyruss) on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 7:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Tsunami is a calabria dealer.... Hey you don't see the Malibu dealers on the Calabria threads trying to weazel customers... do you.....
Try being Ethical and you might sell something!!!

By Bobby Mucic (bobbymucic) on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 8:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I hope to spend sunday working on the boat a bit. Teakguard application on the platform, shower install, and checking out the seat. I'll post how it goes. I wonder how it will swivel if I move it forward?

It was interesting hearing that other wish the same.

By MIKE O (batman) on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 8:24 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I am confused? My seat moves forward and back plus swivel, so I don't see the problem? The steering wheel also goes up and down. Just how close do you need to be? I am 5'10" and find it plenty close and don't need to be all the way up. Got the bolster seat?

By Bobby Mucic (bobbymucic) on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 9:57 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yes, my seat can slide back and forth, and swivel. It also has the bolster. I just find that I have plenty of legroom to spare, and often I am sitting on the edge of my seat, instead of against the back.

By Troy (liveoz) on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 10:13 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Put a big sub box down there if you don't like all the leg room. You can seriously have a box built that will look like the stock wall only with a 12" sub rockin the boat. I have a basslink down there and I think it is great that it doesn't get in the way at all. I do ride with the seat all the way up myself, I could not imagine driving with it all the way back. In that regard maybe the exact same setup should be moved up about 12".

By Matt Cour (mcsammamish) on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 3:38 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Malibu puts an addtional suuport under the floor for the front seat. Just mentioning it so you can maybe be able tell how far forward it goes, so you don't mount the seat base to far forward.

IMO I've never had an issue with the VLX (21')

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com