New XSTAR weighting suggestions??? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » New XSTAR weighting suggestions??? « Previous Next »
By Chris Brown (chill720) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 8:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
anybody running an 03-04 xstar have any weight suggestions? or what are you running?

By Chris Molidor (cdm) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 12:10 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
im running stock ballast - 1100 lbs, 2 - 550-600 lb sacs in the back, 2 - 350 lb side sacs (~250-300lb full)under the front seats, and 2 - 65 lb leadheadz in the cockpit. With usually about 2-3 passangers. I have the MCX 350HP and an ACME 4 blade 13.5 * 14 prop. With a full tank of gas, I try to keep it full, it takes about 100 yards to get up to speed. I'm running 23.5 - 24 mph @ 3700-3800 rpms. I love the wake, once you add the 2 sacs in the back the wake really starts to peak! If I add any more passangers I would dump ballast. I chatted with Parks at the GB party in Indiana during Nationals and he said he weights as follows: stock ballast - 1100 lbs, 2 - 600 lb sacs in the back, 2 - side sacs ~300lbs each in the front, 1 - 600 lb sac in the walkway. He adds other riders and puts the mandatory premium gas (as he states) in the 8.1 420 HP engine. He also stated it doesn't matter what engine you have with an 14 * 16 or 13.5 * 16 - 4 blade prop. The boat will perform! And who am I to say, but hes right! How you like those apples! Interested to hear you response!

By dane (greatdane) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 12:12 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
If you put your wallet in the glove box, put a little more weight on the other side.

By Chris Molidor (cdm) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 12:31 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
dane you suck. yay s u c k ! you never have anything positive to say. You never contribute to the community in an informative manner. do us all a favor and crawl back to your hole. you know that i/o you so dearly love. go put in some gas, get some night crawlers, your glow in the dark bobber, cooler, your bud light, your toothless pretty monster, ski harness- don't forget to pump the ball, choke the engine, and piss everyone off at the boat launch. You good for nothing fly! I can spare a few cents if you need to purchase a life and a personality!

By Joe (joe_788) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 7:47 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Chris I still want to see pictures of this wake! I usually ride behind an 03 X10, with stock ballast, full tank of gas, and 9-12 people. 23.7mph at 3100rpm. The wake is the biggest thing I've ever ridden. I can't even imagine a new X-Star with 2000 pounds of extra sacs!

By Jeff (socalwakepunk) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 8:58 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
By dane (greatdane) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 12:12 am:

"If you put your wallet in the glove box, put a little more weight on the other side."

Yeah, I'd like a large pepperoni with extra HATE. Geez, Chris, just a little humor. Dane has made more positive contributions to this board than you probably ever will. If you can't take a little bit of humor like this, you should probably avoid posting here.

By MIKE O (batman) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 10:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
When are you getting your new X Star?

By Chris Molidor (cdm) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 11:08 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
From what I have read he's always talking smack! Especially about the NEW X-Star. Whatever... I will work on getting some pictures of the wake, however they never to it justice. It will hurt you though.. My season is most over, Michigan, so it will be tough to get some pics this year. I hurt my ankle last time out and shouldn't go again this year. I may take out some friends!

By dane (greatdane) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 12:06 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Boy, I must have struck a serious nerve with my attempt at a little humor.

I think my post reflects me. And, I bet your post reflects you.

By Al O (alo) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 5:00 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
ask travis, he set up the tour boat.

By Tom Barnard (tlb) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 5:35 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dane helped me alot when I was looking for a new boat. He was able to tell me what he liked and didn't like about the boats out there including his own.
I believe we made the right decision for us and have Dane and others on this site to thank for it.
I've seen a lot of good advice and feedback from Dane on this site, and I think alot of people would agree.
Chris, you need some Decaf bro! relax!

By travis moye (driving) on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 7:56 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
chris,
we have 10 leadheadz in the boat. usually all of them in the front, factory ballast, and fat sacs in the back. i sometimes drain the side ballast a little if there is a huge crew in the boat, but, it will handle it all. i just like keeping it a little lighter for contest. call me on my cell if you would like to talk about it.

By Al O (alo) on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 7:09 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
travis,
did you get your new boat yet? post pics!!

By Chris Brown (chill720) on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 9:37 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
what up Travis, did you get your boat yet? im loving mine. right now we have 13 lead headz in there 3-4 people and its sweet. How is the new camphouse coming? i think im coming back to jamlando in November, you better have your boat by then! oh yea, im getting my new 4door Tundra in a couple weeks!!! dont forget i'll hook you up! later man, tell Shaun I said hey.

By travis moye (driving) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 4:14 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
NO, i don't have my boat yet! they are too busy selling those things. i should have it real soon though!
the camphouse is sick. we are finishing it up this week. shaun and i redid the whole place. i think people are gonna be stoked on it. we will have pics up next week for sure.
yeah, i'm all about the tundra. i'm gonna have to wait til spring though. i just bought my fiance' a new car.
and, yes, i will tell THE CHAMPION OF THE WORLD, shaun murray, you said hey! i'm still freakin' out.

By Chris Brown (chill720) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 8:07 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
yea thats pretty awesome, tell him I said congrats. How did the tile turn out in there? You sounded in a panic on the phone that day I called! haha. Where is the school located at now, over at Shauns house? I'll email you later, I need to send you some pics of the boat. You coming up to TN anytime soon?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com