where do you put boards when driving ... Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » where do you put boards when driving on trailer? « Previous Next »
By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 9:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I put them in the car, but i would like to drive with them in the boat. They slide around too much and beat up everything. any ideas?

By Lance (uga33) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 10:19 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Mine fit perfect in the side storage compartment on both sides of the engine. I set them on top of my ballast bags.

By Shawn Jessup (bigjessup) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 10:22 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Well you could just tow them in the racks, but people will say that there is a major safety issue when doing this. But from what I have experienced is that there isnít an issue at all really. There has been several times were we have left the lake late at night and for got to take the boards out of the rack, but they were also un strapped and in the few times we have done this the boards havenít moved and inch. BTW the racks are the stock built in racks that came on the 02' X-Series boats. So its all just a matter of personal preference I guess, if you donít like to leave them in the racks put them in the back of the truck (this is how we transport the boards 90% of the time).

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 10:26 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
i ride a 140 and a 143 and they do not fit back there. my wife's board will fit.

By Mark B. (sickboy) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 10:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I set mine in the floor of my boat, and run a dock line through the bindings, and up to the steering wheel. You can also strap your vest over your board if you're worried about damage.

mb

By MATT (mattbob) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 11:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I don't see the danger with leaving them in the racks. They stay in the racks just fine at 45mph through rough water.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 11:44 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
just worried about a freak accident and a board flying off through somebodies windshield.

By Mark B. (sickboy) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 12:40 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I also worry about wear and tear on the bungie. Sooner or later, it's going to fail. I'd rather it fail when my boats in the water, where I have a good chance of seeing it happen, vs on the road where I probably won't notice until I get home.

By Lance (uga33) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 12:55 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I have an Obrien Vision 140 and Hyperlite Belmont 141 and they fit. It is close but they fit.

By Geforce (grantmi1) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 1:31 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I put them in the boat.

By Barry (barry) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 1:43 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
On the racks, always.

B-

By chuck kober (onealrep) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 2:12 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Ty-

I put my 142 in the rear passenger side compartment, the wife's 134 in the rear driver side compartment and my 140 under the observer seat. There is a gap towards the front of the compartments down the sides of the boat, slide the nose of the board in there and that will give you the room to store the longer boards there. The longer boards will not fit this way in the rear driver side compartment due to the gas fill hose.

I have also laid boards on the floor, with the nose or tail angled up under the dash, and towed for long distances with no problems. i would feel very uneasy about towing long distances with boards in the racks.

By TY-one-on (typhoon) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 2:23 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I will try that. I have all the families "noodles" in that side compartment that i will have to move...

thanks that sounds great though.

By John (hyperryd) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 2:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I used to have racks in the floor of my bed on my last truck. I miss them badly. I am looking for a set for my new truck.

By NoneYa (noneya) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 2:29 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I put em on the floor and then put the ballast bags on top of em to keep em secured. Also with the Moomba we can put 2 + wakeskate in the rear trunk

By Wes (wes_the_gimp) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 4:52 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
We put two in the walk-through, on their sides with the boots facing each other. A small board on top. But we always have the bow cover on. Two more sit on the floor just fine.

By connor gerding (wannagowakin) on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 4:41 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
in a dd we set em upside dowwn in the boat

By Monster Tower (monstertower) on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 6:33 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Dont leave them in the racks, not a good idea. It's a bungee cord in most cases holding your board from being a highway projectile. If your going from a storage yard to a ramp at backroad speeds it's not much risk since your under wakeboard boat speeds but not a very good idea down a major highway.

By Larry Cain (talltigeguy) on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 7:26 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I put mine in a wakeboard bag and keep it up front on the floor of the boat. The boat doesn't get dinged and the board is protected too. I watched for one on sale and it only cost $30 for a nice bag.

(Message edited by talltigeguy on October 05, 2003)

By tmorefi (tmorefi) on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 8:58 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Board bag is the way to go. We have 3 board bags and most of my friends have them too so then you can just throw them in the boat and no dings. Bags are great for your vests and ropes too. Keeps it all organized..

By Jon Manzo (zo1) on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 6:27 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I keep mine in the racks, but from garage to lake it is about a 2 mile drive if that...

If I am going longer distances, I set them accross the bow seats. I have had them there while going highway speeds and they never moved an inch.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com