02 SAN ballast question? Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » 02 SAN ballast question? « Previous Next »
By jay dutton (parkcityxj) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 9:13 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
How is the ballast system set up on the 02 SAN? I was on my buddies the other day and we were trying to get it right for wakesurfing.

Can you independently fill each side? There is only one power switch but there's two valves. My friend didn't want to only fill one side and possibly burn up a pump. Is there only one pump that is split or a pump for both sides? I'm really suprised there isn't a fill/drain switch for each tank.

How do you SAN riders set up for surfing?

By Phil Veit (bigjackamo) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 10:52 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
The 02's have shut off valves for each of the three tanks. They have seperate in pumps and out pumps for each tank, however, one switch turns all the "in's" on and one turns all the "out's" on. You would have to run all pumps with one side shut to fill the other side.

I know you don't want to hear this, but they changed that on the 03's. They all have seperate switches.

By Joe Hiestand (superairdawg) on Friday, October 03, 2003 - 11:59 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Yeah, I think Phil is spot on. To empty the non-surfin' side you'll want to close the vent on the OPPOSITE side and then kick on the empty pump. For left hand prop rotation of a SAN, you'll want to empty the port side which will clean up the starboard side for some nice surf.

Good luck!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com