2001 MasterCraft X-30 problems Log Out | Topics | Search | Register | Edit Profile | User List
Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Moderators | Help/Instructions
WakeWorld Discussion Board » >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive » Archive through November 17, 2003 » 2001 MasterCraft X-30 problems « Previous Next »
By Kenneth D Morrow (boardcrazy) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 2:51 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I bought my X-30 new in 2001 and have had several problems with it.

Just to name a few, I had to have the transmission repaired 3 times, the ballast system has been in several times for repair, the perfect pass quit working, the platform came off twice, the alternator failed me twice and it has just quit running on me while I was on the lake a number of times. There have been several other problems that I have had, but these some to the bigger ones.

I have had my boat taken back to the factory to have the transmission replaced and an upgrade on my ballast system, as well as several other items repaired, and I still have problems.

I want to know, am I the only one having problems with my 2001 X-30??? Isn't MasterCraft the Cadillac of Boats? Should I give up MasterCraft and get rid of it for another Company???

(Message edited by boardcrazy on October 02, 2003)

(Message edited by boardcrazy on October 02, 2003)

By Matt Wilson (tarbabi) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 6:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Everyone has their problems. I have a 1998 Pro-Star 205 and haven't had one problem with it. As with anything mechanical and having people put the pieces together there is nothing 100%. I work for Mercruiser and hear about problems with our engines everyday, but the funny thing is there are thousands of engines running just fine that I never hear about. I talk to boatowners everyday that are having problems and understand the frustration that you are going through. There are so many great boats on the market right now I am sure you could find one that you would be happy with.

By Keith Wilton (wiltok) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 7:48 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I feel your pain. My 2001 X-9 has gone thru 2 ignition control modules and a fuel pump. I drive the boat always wondering when it will die next (never go out without the cell phone!). The bummer is I got rid of my 88 MC Prostar - I was worried about it breaking down. Sold it to a guy on my lake - he hasn't had a problem all summer! I didn't spend serious jack to have all these problems...

By barefooter (prostar205v) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 8:18 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
Why didn't the dealer replace the tranny? From Licoln, NE to TN is at least a 15 hour drive each way! I am not doubting your problems but from experience the factory does not want to due warranty even if you are driving by the factory. (trust me I know). I had a 96 205 no problems, 2000 205v no problems (except vinyl) 20003 209 which had an alternater bracket break and now a 2003 35th anniversary 197 with 16 hours that needs a new windshield, bimini, and steering cable. I assume that no all boats are going to perfect and realize that warranty and a good dealer are supposed to be their for. Ken not trying to give you a hard time. If you ever go to Table Rock Lake in MO take the boat to Ski and Sports in Shell Knob. Dave will take care of you right the first time. Good Luck!

By Pat Borowski (bambamski) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 8:42 am:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've got 450 hours on my 01 X-10. The only problems I've had up until this month was when my dealer winterized my boat last year. They didn't get all the water out of my ballast valves and they cracked. I know they had problems with their 2001 ballast system because I have they 2002 pumps in mine. (I bought mine after 6 months of use) With that said my rear starboard pump stopped working a couple of weeks ago, and I've had a slight vibration out of the hole from the tranny. My dealer thinks it may just be a slight misalignment though. Other than that I've had no issues.

When should I start worring about fuel pumps, and starters?

You have to realize that this is a boat and they all cost you money no matter what you buy.

By Debbie Dorsch (debsxstar) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 5:59 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
I've had my issues with my 02 xstar but MC has always taken care of the issues. My PP stoped working in Speed mode but still worked in RMP mode. they got to the bottom of it. There was an issue with the MC wiring harness. (moisture was getting into it) They replaced it along woth the module and no other problems. I think everybody has issues with the ballast system. They replaced all of my impellers and i asked them to put a lubricant in it and no other problems. They also replaced my fuel pump. It was under warranty. I still think the MC is the cadillac!

By Kenny (boardcrazy) on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 9:47 pm:    Edit Post Delete Post
Thanks for all the replies. I know that all boats have their problems, and that is why I have not given up on MasterCraft. I still love my boat even though I have had these issues. The fact of the mater is I felt that I should have gotten a better product for the money. When you have problems like I have had, there should be a little more compensation than let's fix the situation. There are just times when the boat you get off the line has problems, that is the way it goes. Why not extend a little something more as a good will gesture.

I have not mistreated my boat. There was damage done to my boat before I even took it from the dealer. Then there was engine and ballast problems from the first time I put it in the water. Nothing I could have done would have changed these things, but MasterCraft seems to think that there are a lot of hours on the boat.

Realistically, I am not going to pay that amount of money and then let my boat set. They told me to continue using my boat until some of the repairs could be made, and then come back and tell me that part of the problem is all of the hours on the boat.

I have not doubt that MasterCraft is one of the best boats made, I just thought that they could have handled the situation a little better. After they sold me the boat, I had a hard time getting it fixed. It spent more time in the shop than in the water. Something I would expect out of a used boat.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
WakeSpace is owned by eWake, Inc.
Copyright © 1996 - 2008, All Rights Reserved.
WakeSpace@WakeWorld.com